Recommended replacement bearings for ZPI blue emblem

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Recommended replacement bearings for ZPI blue emblem

Post by j2015 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:09 pm

Spool seems to have lost some pep and I think some bearings would help it.
I am looking for a good replacement bearing for the ZPI blue emblem spool to work with my Diawa Steez sv tw.
Light crank bait duty rod, 10lb line.

Thanks!

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Recommended replacement bearings for ZPI blue emblem

Post by SSS » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:49 am

Are you sure your bearing isn't just dirty? I use these zpi bearings on a lot of my reels, they never go out. Would suggest you to clean them with rubbing alcohol first.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:13 am

I’ll give alcohol a shot, I checked and lubed the set that is in there already, they seemed ok. I’m just looking for something that really works well, and there are a lot of options.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 pm

You can't go wrong with Hedgehog bearings. Go with the ZR bearings if you want smooth, silent and "cheap". Their Air HD are awesome, but expensive (not noisy at all either). The hedgehog Air that i've been using in my pixy and one of my alphas are also excellent. The newer version of ZPI bearings with white bb's are super sweet as well.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:03 pm

SSS wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 pm
You can't go wrong with Hedgehog bearings. Go with the ZR bearings if you want smooth, silent and "cheap". Their Air HD are awesome, but expensive (not noisy at all either). The hedgehog Air that i've been using in my pixy and one of my alphas are also excellent. The newer version of ZPI bearings with white bb's are super sweet as well.
Thank you!

Yeah, lots of options, I always seem to choose the most expensive one thinking that you get what you pay for

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:18 pm

I saw that there is a new bearing in town. The MC Squared bearings. Looks to be a dual ball system in 1 bearing. KTF switched to them so they must be pretty good. Just saw them on Instagram