JDM Site Missing Evergreen Brand

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

JDM Site Missing Evergreen Brand

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:54 pm

One of my most used JDM sites, Digitaka, doesn't have Evergreen products right now. I don't know if this is a permanent change or something has happened for website construction, but I was planning on ordering more Jackhammers. I got a few last order with my Aldebaran, but still planned on getting another full size bass reel and some lures/line. Anyone else know why Evergreen disappeared from their brand sidebar icons? Thanks either way, hoping they come back to the site soon!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: JDM Site Missing Evergreen Brand

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:27 pm

I noticed the same thing but with a different site a couple days ago. Suddenly there was no evergreen on shim reels. Not one of the main steam sites, but it always had a great EG selection. Was bummed. Seems strange if this would be related, but for what it’s worth.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:04 pm

Wonder if EG JP is putting the heat on the JDM shops that are common Interternational sellers. I'm sure EG USA via TW, HUT, etc takes a hit with more people migrating to Japan based shops because of the exchange rate.

The shop I use pretty frequently has a huge selection, including TG's at about $9 a pop.

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:27 pm
I noticed the same thing but with a different site a couple days ago. Suddenly there was no evergreen on shim reels. Not one of the main steam sites, but it always had a great EG selection. Was bummed. Seems strange if this would be related, but for what it’s worth.
I assumed it had something to do with the fact that, in combination with their ongoing 15% discount, Kaleidos, Orions, and Superiors were coming out less than typical retail with shipping included. Superiors were pulled first, a couple of weeks later Kaleidos and Orions followed, not sure at which point the rest of products were taken down.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:58 am

I talked to them, just site maintenance from what I got. This is the exact message I got back after asking where the tab for Evergreen had gone to:

"Sorry It is under maintenance of the sales data.
It will be resumed later on."

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:59 am

Every one is a capitalist until competition makes them a commie.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:12 am

So I’m not the only one who noticed this? 😆 I contacted one of the mentioned sites and they told me for the time being, I’d have to email them what I wanted and they would send me an invoice. Kinda hard to do when you can’t see what’s in stock

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:07 am

Pretty sure JLS has a "sorry" up that says no longer shipping Jackhammers to USA or Canada. Sad time. I feel sick because so many were in stock for my last order but I bought like 3. Really wish I'd bought about 25 in 3/8 and 1/2. Picked up some 3/4 cause why not.

I just worry this is the beginning of the end for JDM purchases. First they remove a profitable jig and before we know it reels.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:21 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:07 am
Pretty sure JLS has a "sorry" up that says no longer shipping Jackhammers to USA or Canada. Sad time. I feel sick because so many were in stock for my last order but I bought like 3. Really wish I'd bought about 25 in 3/8 and 1/2. Picked up some 3/4 cause why not.

I just worry this is the beginning of the end for JDM purchases. First they remove a profitable jig and before we know it reels.
When was quality and consumer confidence ever at the top of American Corporate consideration?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:21 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:07 am

When was quality and consumer confidence ever at the top of American Corporate consideration?
Good point. Just kinda sucks. I had full confidence that ordering JDM would stay around. The colors of Jackhammer aren't all available here, so they are even different models technically. I know this is why Digi has taken Evergreen down, will probably return but with no Jackhammers available. I just wish I had known this was coming where I could have tripled my last (and maybe final) order. I just hope they don't do this with reels. Imagine not being able to buy any new BFS reels or JDM specifics? That is something I like and because some rich &%*#$ wants to be slightly richer, I can't enjoy products that cost me a much greater amount.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:41 am

Found out more after digging, searching, and reading comments. Seems a few have spoiled it for all. As always those with money who it doesn't affect. People were buying hundreds of these lures and rebranding them as "rare" and special colors. Selling for double what JDM retailers sell Jackhammers at. Seen more than a few of these vendors on Facebook. First noticed when I saw the "Cold Shad" color I like so much.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon May 01, 2023 11:08 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:41 am
Found out more after digging, searching, and reading comments. Seems a few have spoiled it for all. As always those with money who it doesn't affect. People were buying hundreds of these lures and rebranding them as "rare" and special colors. Selling for double what JDM retailers sell Jackhammers at. Seen more than a few of these vendors on Facebook. First noticed when I saw the "Cold Shad" color I like so much.

Whenever I place a LURE order to a JDM merchant, I'll pick up a couple of middle of the road baits and put them up for a couple dollar over price to recoup on shipping/PP fees. It's not just people going for Lung Salad Surgery, it's manufacturers going for ridiculous patent claims and vendors squeezing the turnip till the last bit of juice drips out.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:23 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:08 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:41 am

Whenever I place a LURE order to a JDM merchant, I'll pick up a couple of middle of the road baits and put them up for a couple dollar over price to recoup on shipping/PP fees. It's not just people going for Lung Salad Surgery, it's manufacturers going for ridiculous patent claims and vendors squeezing the turnip till the last bit of juice drips out.
True, I do the same. Some of these Facebook vendors had hundreds of stocks though. I'm just venting cause I made the mistake of grabbing like 3 J-hammers last order when I wish I had bought 40. I have saved a solid $1200 for fishing/play money (outside of the bank account), and wish I had used it more wisely. I could have bought a ton like the vendors and almost doubled my money. Doubling $1200 means a lot when you barely make 30K a year.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Mon May 01, 2023 3:44 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:23 pm
True, I do the same. Some of these Facebook vendors had hundreds of stocks though. I'm just venting cause I made the mistake of grabbing like 3 J-hammers last order when I wish I had bought 40. I have saved a solid $1200 for fishing/play money (outside of the bank account), and wish I had used it more wisely. I could have bought a ton like the vendors and almost doubled my money. Doubling $1200 means a lot when you barely make 30K a year.
So let me get this straight - you're complaining about flippers ruining your ability to buy JDM lures on the cheap, while lamenting the fact that you didn't buy more JDM lures to flip?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon May 01, 2023 5:17 pm

Once the JDM secret trick leaked to bassresource normies it was over. We have reports them buying JDM Zillons then returning them because "it made a click" from the inductor seating so they make the retailer pay to ship it back to the other side of the planet. Buying two competing products to test out and then shipping the one back you dont like is also somewhat common so I'm sure it goes on with JDM reel purchases now too. When buying from Tackle Warehouse paying full MSRP like Hank Hill it is fine to buy and try but doing this to JDM vendors isn't nice. This combined with pressure from Daiwa and Shimano will bring and end to easy to source JDM reels.