Alphas CT SV 70 - Finesse Cranking

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas CT SV 70 - Finesse Cranking

Post by dragon1 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:44 pm

reason162 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:48 am
BrettTRay wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:16 pm
Just ordered a gear set for Millionaire CT in 7.2 ratio like 2 weeks ago. That reel is a current production reel that’s still listed on Daiwa’s JDM site so whoever told you they aren’t available anymore is insane.
Where did you order it from? And to be clear Millionaire and Alphas CT drive/pinion are the same?
Yes those gear sets should be the same.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Vieterisika
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Vieterisika » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:28 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:59 am
BrettTRay wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:31 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:10 pm
I worry the same about having a 7.2 Millionaire CT (no gear replacement). I agree with everything about the light casting abilities, a ML rod with 8lb fluoro lets mine shine. I use it for lighter techniques and keep a looser drag, so hopefully the gears will survive a while in that aluminum frame...
What do you mean by no gear replacement?
Parts for that specific reel come from Japan, because it is a JDM model. Plus, those gears are specific to the Alphas CT and Millionaire CT, so no compatibility with any other reel Daiwa ever made. Pretty sure the parts are now obsolete for those 2, meaning even Daiwa Japan won't have replacement parts.
As already mentioned, those gears are still available from Japan at least.

Also those two reel share the same base platform Daiwa has used for ages. Any Alphas (not 150) prior to Alphas Tw models and all Millionaire 100 and CV-Z 100 use the same dimension gears. You infact have a great variety of compatible gear sets. Also all Pixy gear sets are compatible too. There are gear sets in ratios of 5.8:1, 6.3:1, 6.8:1 and 7.2:1 with brass main gear and 5.8:1 with aluminum main gear. All gear sets are pretty much plug and play other than the 7.2:1, which uses a different pinion yoke with metal reinforcement. Very commonly swapped and used gear sets among Pixy groups.

boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Post by boatinpete » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:30 pm

Would of bought it if it had a clicky drag, yes I have issues.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 pm

Vieterisika wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:28 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
BrettTRay wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
I worry the same about having a 7.2 Millionaire CT (no gear replacement). I agree with everything about the light casting abilities, a ML rod with 8lb fluoro lets mine shine. I use it for lighter techniques and keep a looser drag, so hopefully the gears will survive a while in that aluminum frame...
Parts for that specific reel come from Japan, because it is a JDM model. Plus, those gears are specific to the Alphas CT and Millionaire CT, so no compatibility with any other reel Daiwa ever made. Pretty sure the parts are now obsolete for those 2, meaning even Daiwa Japan won't have replacement parts.

Also those two reel share the same base platform Daiwa has used for ages. Any Alphas (not 150) prior to Alphas Tw models and all Millionaire 100 and CV-Z 100 use the same dimension gears. You infact have a great variety of compatible gear sets. Also all Pixy gear sets are compatible too. There are gear sets in ratios of 5.8:1, 6.3:1, 6.8:1 and 7.2:1 with brass main gear and 5.8:1 with aluminum main gear. All gear sets are pretty much plug and play other than the 7.2:1, which uses a different pinion yoke with metal reinforcement. Very commonly swapped and used gear sets among Pixy groups.
The point you're missing here is alphas ct/millionaire ct run longer pinion gears. You can't use pinion gear from older reels.

Vieterisika
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Vieterisika » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 am

4g63power wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 pm
Vieterisika wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
BrettTRay wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

The point you're missing here is alphas ct/millionaire ct run longer pinion gears. You can't use pinion gear from older reels.
Not true. They are about the same length. In fact, my old Pixy 5.8 pinion gear is about 0.1mm longer than the 7.2 pinion gear from Alphas Ct Sv. I've played quite a bit with these gear sets and with this platform and they are all plug and play without any issues. Here's a picture of the mentioned gears:

https://imgur.com/a/09wijCn

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:23 pm

Vieterisika wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 am
4g63power wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 pm
Vieterisika wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
BrettTRay wrote:

Not true. They are about the same length. In fact, my old Pixy 5.8 pinion gear is about 0.1mm longer than the 7.2 pinion gear from Alphas Ct Sv. I've played quite a bit with these gear sets and with this platform and they are all plug and play without any issues. Here's a picture of the mentioned gears:

https://imgur.com/a/09wijCn
So what's your point? We are talking about 6.3 and 7.2 gear replacements and we have to go out of way to find pixy 5.8 gears somewhere now?