Tenryu Lunakia LK752S-MMHT vs. Megabass Destroyer P5 7'2" Baby Plugging

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
0biin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Tenryu Lunakia LK752S-MMHT vs. Megabass Destroyer P5 7'2" Baby Plugging

Post by 0biin » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:45 am

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while and finally created an account to ask for a rod recommendation. My decision is between the Tenryu Lunakia LK752S-MMHT and the Megabass Destroyer P5 7'2" Baby Plugging to upgrade from my Shakespeare MGSP702L, which is an incredible $20 rod by the way. I currently use it for lighter drop-shotting, split-shot Carolina rigs, small plugs, small jigging spoons, and float-and-fly. It's an all-rounder light rod for both the large and small ponds I tend to fish. I realize the Tenryu and the Megabass aren't exactly a one-to-one comparison, but they seem fairly close. Does anyone have experience with one or both to give a recommendation either way? Thank you all for any responses upfront. This forum has been a great source of knowledge for me.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tenryu Lunakia LK752S-MMHT vs. Megabass Destroyer P5 7'2" Baby Plugging

Post by mrpao » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:52 pm

I have the baby plugging and it's a decent light action rod.
I have it paired up with a daiwa Luvius airity FC2500S.
Took me a little bit to get use to the small handle though, but now I like it.

I've tried it for light drop shots, 2.5 gram jigs, light shakey heads and small crankbaits. It has enough sensitivity for bottom contact techniques and enough flex for treble hook lures.

Another close rod to it, is the Expride 7' light plus. A little shorter but about the same specs as the baby plugging. I have both A and B model. I'm probably one of the few that like the handle on the A model better.