RAID JAPAN

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

RAID JAPAN

Post by Johnny A » Tue May 02, 2023 12:04 pm

I've used the LEVEL Crank, LEVEL Crank Goriller and the LEVEL Vib. All of which I liked and initial production projections are good. The are well made with good finishes and color patterns.
Based upon my experience, I ordered several other baits and current baits with additional patterns. If I'm not mistaken, one of the people involved is a former Megabass designer/pro/marketing or something like that.

I edited/adjusted my posting to just RAID JAPAN.
Last edited by Johnny A on Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: RAID JAPAN - Baits

Post by PotatoLake » Thu May 04, 2023 6:18 am

I've used their paddle tails, their egu jig and egu jig trailers, and have their Deka Dodge and GI waiting to be tried out. I've been very pleased by the quality and effectiveness of their products.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu May 04, 2023 7:13 am

PotatoLake wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:18 am
I've used their paddle tails, their egu jig and egu jig trailers, and have their Deka Dodge and GI waiting to be tried out. I've been very pleased by the quality and effectiveness of their products.

Checked out the LEVEL Minnow 72 "Ghost Shad" is almost IDENTICAL to the Pro Blue Megabass, tossed it around for a while yesterday morning. No pickups but between the shad and the spawn going on around here, I'll wait a little longer. I have some egu jig trailers but haven't used them yet. I alway have a GI waiting to be tried out.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:42 am

Picked up a Dodge on sale a few weeks back and finally got to try it out yesterday. I was throwing it on 40lb braid and was having some issue with it rolling over. Not a huge deal, maybe there was some twist in the line or maybe I should use a swivel. I got one bite but missed em somehow. I could see how this thing could catch some big fish.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Fri May 12, 2023 8:03 am

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:42 am
Picked up a Dodge on sale a few weeks back and finally got to try it out yesterday. I was throwing it on 40lb braid and was having some issue with it rolling over. Not a huge deal, maybe there was some twist in the line or maybe I should use a swivel. I got one bite but missed em somehow. I could see how this thing could catch some big fish.

Don't give up on the Dodge. Use it at night if you can. I've caught some of my biggest bass at night using a crawler. This crawler is a Aventa Crawler GT.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 12, 2023 9:16 am

Level minnow is another home run for the brand
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Fri May 12, 2023 11:25 am

The Raid Japan Bull Tank is cool and effective and so is the Two Side although I rarely use mine.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat May 13, 2023 3:30 am

I caught a LMB @ 4lbs with a threadfin shad about this size, 94mm, sticking from it's throat. Figured I'd try this one to #MatchTheHatch
Attachments
IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_0902.jpeg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 3831 times

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PotatoLake » Wed May 31, 2023 7:46 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 3:30 am
I caught a LMB @ 4lbs with a threadfin shad about this size, 94mm, sticking from it's throat. Figured I'd try this one to #MatchTheHatch
I have one of those GI's in Chigill and my golly if you get that guy walking in place around the right fish. :shock: My next lure of thiers to try is the two-way. I burnt through my sakura rubber dice, so time to try these out.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed May 31, 2023 9:21 pm

Never used anything from them, but a few weeks ago i found a knockoff of their LEVEL Vib on ali, and bought it. Received it a few days ago, and tried it on the water. Even that thing is good, and if you get snagged its only $2, so i kinda like it

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:33 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:

I keep forgetting the limited exists and everytime I see one I want to run out and buy one. Gorgeous reel. I will have to be happy with my two IPs and a PE special. Must... use.. soulless modern zillions...

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:53 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:33 pm
MountainMan 83 wrote:

I keep forgetting the limited exists and everytime I see one I want to run out and buy one. Gorgeous reel. I will have to be happy with my two IPs and a PE special. Must... use.. soulless modern zillions...
Yeah, I found one at a good price that was pretty used but not abused. Such a cool reel. I don’t mind the handle; something different for sure but switched out for a 100mm and tapped the driveshaft for a bolt. Picked up a new Steez HLC mild spool from Jun and been having a blast. There’s just something so great about these OG variants.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: RAID JAPAN

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:59 am

Just got my third RAID JAPAN rod. First was the Gladiator Anti GA-70HS-ST "Power Nose", a finesse spinning rod. It impressed me. Next was the "Joker", a medium 6'10" casting rod. Finally the 6'10" MH casting rod. They remind me of the early days of Megabass styling.