WHY are there no short enthusiast pitching sticks?!?!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
BassKat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: WHY are there no short enthusiast pitching sticks?!?!

Post by BassKat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 am

HellaBread wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:26 am
170H poison glorious is 181.7cm or 5’11.5” in front of the grip section but that’s not counting the length that connects the 2 pieces for the grip joint so imma ballpark around 5’10”-5’9” in front of the grip
Outstanding, thanks and I'll check this out tonight!
My Personal Worst https://photos.app.goo.gl/hHVeZoRFzGt5s4LfA

BassKat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassKat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:47 am

I searched for a 21 Glorius 170H Torzite, but none were available, and reached out to JDM Tackle Haven asking. They replied that it had been discontinued and was no longer available from suppliers. Hopefully, Dennis's point of the approaching shows will bring news of a refresh!

If anyone has a trigger-to-tip measurement for the Rapid Gunner, please post - that's the direction I'd like to head. They are available for preorder.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 am

BassKat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:47 am
I searched for a 21 Glorius 170H Torzite, but none were available, and reached out to JDM Tackle Haven asking. They replied that it had been discontinued and was no longer available from suppliers. Hopefully, Dennis's point of the approaching shows will bring news of a refresh!

If anyone has a trigger-to-tip measurement for the Rapid Gunner, please post - that's the direction I'd like to head. They are available for preorder.
The torzites got discontinued due to the fact the torzites were the bottle neck in the supply chain during the shortages from the pandemic. Shimano switched over to SIC so they could actually produce some inventory and that’s what’s currently in stock at JDM tackle heaven.

BassKat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassKat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:28 pm

The 170H Glorius handle is 5/8" longer than my 6'11" Adrena handle. I'm hoping this relationship means the 170H will not be more than 3/8" longer from trigger to tip than my Adrena which is already at the outskirts of working for me on tip-down techniques. I would much prefer a 6'10" so my search is ongoing, but I wanted the Glorius anyway.

Hopefully, someone will end up posting the Rapid Gunner trigger-to-tip measurement as that may end up shorter. Plus will keep hunting the Gunslinger on the used market which I think is the slam dunk stick for my purposes. I really appreciate all the help that's led me this far!

--

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:01 am

Its not enthusiast-level, but the FXtreme XAS 610H is a fantastic frog rod. It is light and very well-balanced. Another plus is the shorter than average rear grip makes walking a frog tip-down a breeze. I've used it for 3 seasons now just like you describe, and it doubles as a jig rod for me when I go to my little ponds, also. It's not the best-looking rod ihmo, but it does the job for me very well. On the plus side, it is very reasonably-priced.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

BassKat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassKat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:22 am

Thanks, hoohoorjoo. While it likely wouldn't fit into my lineup sensitivity-wise for jigs, if I have to give up the search for a dual-purpose rod, that 610H looks like a great frog-only option.