I require red

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Drakestar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am

Re: I require red

Post by Drakestar » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:15 am

I don't have any of those gorgeous red reels, so my red combos are decidedly more understated.
Red1.jpg
Red1.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Red2.jpg
Red2.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 872 times

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: I require red

Post by spencerinstl » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 pm

LowRange wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:50 pm
spencerinstl wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:51 pm
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
What frame and nose piece is that on the Alphas?
The frame and nose piece are from a Sol.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: I require red

Post by tincanary » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm

Ok, I'll be the turd in the punch bowl here :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

This was a ground up build, one of my pier reels. 4500CS chrome frame, 6.3 stainless gears, 5000 side plates/handle/star wheel, 4600 C3 spool, NOS 5000C line guide, Avail double bearing idler gear, C4 double bearing worm, Pro Rocket clutch washer and Bakelite brake blocks, bearings and worm lubed with Mobil Velocite No.3. She's a real screamer.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6122
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: I require red

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:16 am

tincanary wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm
Ok, I'll be the turd in the punch bowl here :D
Nothing wrong with an old school made in Sweden Abu, especially when it has been made over in grandest TT fashion!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: I require red

Post by tincanary » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:59 am

hoohoorjoo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:16 am
tincanary wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm
Ok, I'll be the turd in the punch bowl here :D
Nothing wrong with an old school made in Sweden Abu, especially when it has been made over in grandest TT fashion!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Thanks brother. I have a whole bunch of builds like this, with my end goal of building a reel that was never put out by the factory. Everything in them is factory Abu parts save for the ported idler gear.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6122
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: I require red

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:16 am

tincanary wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:59 am
hoohoorjoo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:16 am
tincanary wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm
Ok, I'll be the turd in the punch bowl here :D
Nothing wrong with an old school made in Sweden Abu, especially when it has been made over in grandest TT fashion!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Thanks brother. I have a whole bunch of builds like this, with my end goal of building a reel that was never put out by the factory. Everything in them is factory Abu parts save for the ported idler gear.
Sending u a PM.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

radu_andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Re: I require red

Post by radu_andrei » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:01 am


User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3577
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: I require red

Post by LowRange » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:54 am

So I'm not the only one running an old tat type r on a zodias.
Image

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: I require red

Post by Cranky » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:44 pm

…
Attachments
CD509A1A-7856-488D-9E9F-EBE19F2E26A5.jpeg
CD509A1A-7856-488D-9E9F-EBE19F2E26A5.jpeg (138.56 KiB) Viewed 500 times

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3577
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: I require red

Post by LowRange » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:24 am

Hot Daiwa on Shimano and Shimano on Daiwa action in this tread.

4g63power
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: I require red

Post by 4g63power » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:50 am

Steez on Steez

Image

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 am
Location: St. Paul, MN

Re: I require red

Post by Good351 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:54 am

Here's a well used Type R+

Image

Image

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3577
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: I require red

Post by LowRange » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:13 am

Good351 wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:54 am
Here's a well used Type R+

Image

Image
4g63power wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:50 am
Steez on Steez

Image
Those old platforms still look good. Something about older Daiwas I can't explain.

Post Reply