Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 5826
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Wow, is that a channel cat? If so, that's a BIG one! =D> =D> =D>
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:59 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 pm
Wow, is that a channel cat? If so, that's a BIG one! =D> =D> =D>
Yes. It’s probably only the second or third one I’ve hooked into of that size in about 13-15 years.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by goldrod » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:59 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 pm
Wow, is that a channel cat? If so, that's a BIG one! =D> =D> =D>
Yes. It’s probably only the second or third one I’ve hooked into of that size in about 13-15 years.
Congratulations on the catch. I’ve been 👁 eyeing your setup 😂
Seems like a JDream but I can’t figure out the rod. 😂
THIS is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Instagram is @1ncetime

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:59 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 pm
Wow, is that a channel cat? If so, that's a BIG one! =D> =D> =D>
Yes. It’s probably only the second or third one I’ve hooked into of that size in about 13-15 years.
Congratulations on the catch. I’ve been 👁 eyeing your setup 😂
Seems like a JDream but I can’t figure out the rod. 😂
You got it. jdream 7.9 on a zbone 76H mod. I use the rod for punching and secondarily swimbaits. It’s such a wonderful utility rod and my only bourgeois gripe is the blah build. I’ve wanted to pick up a backup during one of the sales because I’ve beaten this example to death, but there’s always something less sensible on my wish list when those times come around.

User avatar
Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by Bass Junkie » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:14 pm

First time targeting these fish in over a decade and I’m sure I wouldn’t have hooked up without the help of another angler fishing the same stretch I was on, but I’m extremely happy to have caught this fish. I’ve only hooked a handful of steelhead over the course of my life, and always wanted to connect with a jumper. This chromer did that multiple times and frankly just kicked my butt for a while. Extremely fun fish and I’m eagerly looking forward to my next chance to make the drive and try to hook up \:D/
Attachments
CB40F41B-8011-473D-BE24-FED52BD54A0F.jpeg
CB40F41B-8011-473D-BE24-FED52BD54A0F.jpeg (103.33 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
DD301623-6A43-4056-AD19-4CC850E8A47E.jpeg
DD301623-6A43-4056-AD19-4CC850E8A47E.jpeg (119.32 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2536
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NorCal

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by mark poulson » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Beautiful fish!

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by JBcrankaddict » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:37 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:03 am
Wow!
Gone Phishin wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:36 am

Wow indeed! Great story and beautiful fish! 8-)
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:27 pm

What a bull! =D> =D> =D>
Thanks guys, love these surprises. That really was a make it or break it situation, stop and turn the fish or you lose, and definitely was lucky in that regard.

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by JBcrankaddict » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Loving all these catches, awesome fish guys =D>
Polkfish, same thing happens to me, one a year but always a fun one, and they do thump it! Great job man!
Bass Junkie wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:14 pm
First time targeting these fish in over a decade and I’m sure I wouldn’t have hooked up without the help of another angler fishing the same stretch I was on, but I’m extremely happy to have caught this fish. I’ve only hooked a handful of steelhead over the course of my life, and always wanted to connect with a jumper. This chromer did that multiple times and frankly just kicked my butt for a while. Extremely fun fish and I’m eagerly looking forward to my next chance to make the drive and try to hook up \:D/
Great catch, sounds like a lot of fun. Beautiful fish man!

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by JBcrankaddict » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:16 am

Throwing a 3/8 Break Blade on an 842 Conquest for these fish is just to much fun! Even with my tarnished brass gears and Corrosion X on my ARB, I was able to land this fish and 20 or so slots :lol: Hookset felt like setting into a stump when the rod just stopped when I hit the backbone(and the handle didn’t slip backwards like I was told would happen :-k ). Hard to beat this bite, so much aggression.

Image

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by toddmc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:24 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:16 am
Throwing a 3/8 Break Blade on an 842 Conquest for these fish is just to much fun! Even with my tarnished brass gears and Corrosion X on my ARB, I was able to land this fish and 20 or so slots :lol: Hookset felt like setting into a stump when the rod just stopped when I hit the backbone(and the handle didn’t slip backwards like I was told would happen :-k ). Hard to beat this bite, so much aggression.

Image
I would be fired from my job if I lived near those fish!

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by JBcrankaddict » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 pm

:lol: The shallow water fishing for redfish in the marsh is exactly like bass fishing but they don’t jump. They are much more violent on the bite though. Should see one like this explode on a buzzbait :shock:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2536
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NorCal

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:11 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 pm
:lol: The shallow water fishing for redfish in the marsh is exactly like bass fishing but they don’t jump. They are much more violent on the bite though. Should see one like this explode on a buzzbait :shock:
Wow!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 pm
:lol: The shallow water fishing for redfish in the marsh is exactly like bass fishing but they don’t jump. They are much more violent on the bite though. Should see one like this explode on a buzzbait :shock:
That would be so epic
I wouldn’t dream of going home. I’ve caught small reds by accident and they pulled so hard that I thought I had foul hooked a Gator. I can’t even fathom something of this size and on a buzzbait.
THIS is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Instagram is @1ncetime

User avatar
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4488
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: In the "Heart of Dixie"

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:29 am

Salmoids, great fish of the deep and bass!
Great stuff fellows

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 5826
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:18 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:16 am
Throwing a 3/8 Break Blade on an 842 Conquest for these fish is just to much fun! Even with my tarnished brass gears and Corrosion X on my ARB, I was able to land this fish and 20 or so slots :lol: Hookset felt like setting into a stump when the rod just stopped when I hit the backbone(and the handle didn’t slip backwards like I was told would happen :-k ). Hard to beat this bite, so much aggression.

Image
Man, I GOTTA make it down this summer! I will make sure I let you know in advance this time around, not just call and ask if you wanna fish tomorrow. ](*,) :oops: :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Post Reply