Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by toddmc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 pm

AlgonquinFan wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:45 pm
One of the brook trout I caught in the Gowganda area of Ontario, last week.

They are cool to look at. I catch a lot of small ones in the Eastern Sierras.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Absolutely a beautiful fish!!!!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 am

Schlag wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:05 am
Just got back from a river kayak fishing trip. Camped and fished with a great group of people. Sorry, no river pics, since it's not my home flow. Lots of good size smallmouth, but unfortunately I lost a couple monsters. The river levels were up, and we were flying down the river. You basically only got one shot at a good piece of cover. It just makes things even more challenging in a yak.

Nice job and great catch little lips is on my list of fish to catch.
I hear they are fighters
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 am

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 am

goldrod wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:18 am
Schlag wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:05 am
Just got back from a river kayak fishing trip. Camped and fished with a great group of people. Sorry, no river pics, since it's not my home flow. Lots of good size smallmouth, but unfortunately I lost a couple monsters. The river levels were up, and we were flying down the river. You basically only got one shot at a good piece of cover. It just makes things even more challenging in a yak.

Nice job and great catch little lips is on my list of fish to catch.
I hear they are fighters
Thanks. You really need to plan a fishing vacation dedicated to smallmouth. Their fighting power is unbelievable, especially when they're in strong current.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Nice smallies and beautiful trout

This guy was nice after a rough Sept
Attachments
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg (22.26 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:48 am

My best from Lake Baccarac Mexico last week.
Attachments
IMG_3248-medium.JPG
IMG_3248-medium.JPG (79 KiB) Viewed 4048 times

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:37 am

Beautiful!

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:56 pm

how did you catch it? what depth? what technique?

(don't really care about the rod and reel, although many on here do ... but love to hear what you did to get that big girl enticed)
1-2%

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Just started using walking topwater lures and this is the first fish with that technique on the second cast ever.
The fish "hit" the lure, but did not hookup. I paused the retrieve, then twitched the lure twice and it was on!

Also just started using a spinnerbait a few weeks ago. First couple of casts, caught a 1-2 lb. "cookie cutter". Next cast a "professional overrun" :D . Spinnerbait was still in the water while I was clearing the backlash, then "boom!". My rod bent over and fortunately I was holding the rod securely while clearing the backlash. Ignored the backlash, set the hook and again it was on. Decent fish on a "deadstick" spinnerbait :big grin:
Attachments
WEB topwater.jpg
WEB topwater.jpg (69.63 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
2021-10-10 Delta 01.jpg
2021-10-10 Delta 01.jpg (113.68 KiB) Viewed 4005 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:30 pm

DrPerf wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm
Just started using walking topwater lures and this is the first fish with that technique on the second cast ever.
The fish "hit" the lure, but did not hookup. I paused the retrieve, then twitched the lure twice and it was on!

Also just started using a spinnerbait a few weeks ago. First couple of casts, caught a 1-2 lb. "cookie cutter". Next cast a "professional overrun" :D . Spinnerbait was still in the water while I was clearing the backlash, then "boom!". My rod bent over and fortunately I was holding the rod securely while clearing the backlash. Ignored the backlash, set the hook and again it was on. Decent fish on a "deadstick" spinnerbait :big grin:
Welcome to the fun! Those
are 2 of the baits I use most often. I have literally caught fish on a Spro Top Dawg every month except January, and spinnerbaits are consistent year round for me, including 2 of my biggest LMB, an 11-2 and a 13-2(my PB).
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:53 pm

DrPerf wrote:

Those are two nice fish! It's neat how you got the topwater fish to hit again with a pause/twitch/twitch.
And having a spinnerbait fish eat it while you were picking out your reel had to be exciting!
Congrats!!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:25 am

Yummy yummy green :D

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:29 am

DrPerf wrote:

The yo-yo or lift and drop spinnerbait retrieve in the fall is often overlooked. The fish really start to prefer this as the water starts to get cold.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:16 pm

SteveSchmelzle wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:56 pm
how did you catch it? what depth? what technique?

(don't really care about the rod and reel, although many on here do ... but love to hear what you did to get that big girl enticed)
Steve I caught it on a red eye shad 3/4 oz lipless in metallic silver/blue back. I mostly use them to drop to the bottom & then slow retrieve keeping them deep. We were targeting 15-20 fow.