Lets see all them Daiwa's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by goldrod » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm

SSsv ( from TT.com)
but I dropped in the 7.9:1 gears, Megabass IS finesse spool , steez face plate , drag upgrade
to me its absolutely freakin a work of yes..
Attachments
to1.jpeg
to1.jpeg (96.95 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
to2.jpeg
to2.jpeg (132.49 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
to3.jpeg
to3.jpeg (70.49 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
to4.jpeg
to4.jpeg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:06 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm
SSsv ( from TT.com)
but I dropped in the 7.9:1 gears, Megabass IS finesse spool , steez face plate , drag upgrade
I can dig that 🤘

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Looks good.

GuyN916
Angler
Angler

Post by GuyN916 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:44 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm
SSsv ( from TT.com)
Good looking reel. :)

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:05 am

Hoping to try out these bearings
You can spin the bearing on the spool and sit the spool down and the bearing is still spinning. These things are crazy
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

FrankN209
Angler
Angler

Post by FrankN209 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:26 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:05 am
You can spin the bearing on the spool and sit the spool down and the bearing is still spinning. These things are crazy
Which bearings did you put in?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:36 am

How light is that Megabass finesse spool? Any other sppols directly compare to it?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:40 am

FrankN209 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:26 am
goldrod wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:05 am
Which bearings did you put in?
They are a german variant. thats all I know.. I got them from Ian.
I made one spin and put the spool back into the spool box and i can still hear the bearing spinning :shock:
to me that was amazing

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:52 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:36 am
How light is that Megabass finesse spool? Any other sppols directly compare to it?
I have the megabass honey comb spool in a IS73 for ned rigs on a steez sensor rod
This reel is on a poison adreana 7'2" heavy with 8lb izorline if im not mistaken for free rigs, ( did awesome job yesterday )
These two spools in my opinion are very similar and I would have to check to be for certain but i think the Honeycomb spool has more line capacity they the finesse spool.
for me the honeycomb spool was just looking for the right reel as it was inconsistent and wild for while in certain reels but once into the IS73 and on the sensor rod ZERO issues of any sort with casting. the honeycomb spool is more useful where as the IS finesse spool line cap limits the use or at least line size. I wanted to use the ageseai braided line but the Izoline is just strong and good
i think its a copolymer. IMHO casting wise there isn't much difference and I think that there are too many varying factors to say which one will cast down to what as the reel itself plays a major role in that. just my little humble opinion
Others may have same, similar to totally different experiences
but I like this spool yet I dont think that owning more than one of either is a good thing..

sorry but i did not weigh either

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:55 am

goldrod wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:52 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:36 am
I have the megabass honey comb spool in a IS73 for ned rigs on a steez sensor rod
This reel is on a poison adreana 7'2" heavy with 8lb izorline if im not mistaken for free rigs, ( did awesome job yesterday )
These two spools in my opinion are very similar and I would have to check to be for certain but i think the Honeycomb spool has more line capacity they the finesse spool.
for me the honeycomb spool was just looking for the right reel as it was inconsistent and wild for while in certain reels but once into the IS73 and on the sensor rod ZERO issues of any sort with casting. the honeycomb spool is more useful where as the IS finesse spool line cap limits the use or at least line size. I wanted to use the ageseai braided line but the Izoline is just strong and good
i think its a copolymer. IMHO casting wise there isn't much difference and I think that there are too many varying factors to say which one will cast down to what as the reel itself plays a major role in that. just my little humble opinion
Others may have same, similar to totally different experiences
but I like this spool yet I dont think that owning more than one of either is a good thing..

sorry but i did not weigh either
The IS has way stronger magnets than the Steez/SS reels.

Shadowcaster1969
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Shadowcaster1969 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Here is a Morethan PE1000XHL, a saltwater version of the Steez with a 4.5lb long fin Travelly. This reel would easily cast 90-100yards with an 18g shore casting metal jig. Only problem was there there is not much line left in the reel to land a big one if it decide to eat the jig the moment it hits the water. :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:24 pm

This is a work in progress,,
ascetically speaking its missing something but i will keep searching
Attachments
IMG-7670.JPG
IMG-7670.JPG (139.09 KiB) Viewed 3473 times

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:24 pm
I didn't do anything to my 3 SV103's cosmetically. I did Super-high grip knobs, knob bearings, and a levelwind bearing on each. The colors on that reel are understated and don't really look good to my eye when you dress them up.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:59 am

toddmc wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am
goldrod wrote:
I didn't do anything to my 3 SV103's cosmetically. I did Super-high grip knobs, knob bearings, and a levelwind bearing on each. The colors on that reel are understated and don't really look good to my eye when you dress them up.
Did you keep the stock spool?

I have three of these reels and this is the last one.
I try to give them different personalities

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:54 am

goldrod wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:59 am
toddmc wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am
goldrod wrote:
Did you keep the stock spool?

I have three of these reels and this is the last one.
I try to give them different personalities
I like the stock spool for skipping and all around applications. I fish in the wind whenever I can. I knew what I was getting into with all of the SV spool reels. I have plenty of other reels for pure distance casting. I got tired of blinging all of my Daiwa reels. It seemed like a never-ending process that never really was complete. The same goes for aftermarket spools. I have a few Ray's spools and others, but I usually buy a Daiwa reel based on the palmability and the stock spool. The longer arm drag stars and SLP Super-high grip knobs with bearings are on all of my reel fleet. My spool bearings get replaced with Hedgehog ZR stainless bearings when the stock ones are worn. Other than that, I try to keep it simple and fish more than I work on reels. I was a tuner in a tackle shop when I was young. I'm tired of that shiznit! :lol: