FX Air

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: FX Air

Post by kakaryan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 am

thesleepingforest wrote:Hi kakaryan, do u happen to have a zonda hedgehog or alphas/sol with a mb finesse spool in it? Im very curious about the performance comparison :D
I haven't used my Zonda Hedgehog Custom much but I find that my IS finesse spool is faster than that Zonda finesse spool and casts slightly further.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:21 am

Wachtel wrote:Not much line on that spool :shock:
I have 70m of #1.5 Unitika PE (25lb) on it. :lol:

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:40 am

BFS tune of T3 series moved on request:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53916
Last edited by Mcyl on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 am

Very nice! =D>
Last edited by Afrayedknot on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 am

Afrayedknot wrote:Image

I think this pic will answer all the q's. The whole magnet platform moves in 3 places. Longcast is the when the whole platform moves away from the inductor the farthest, max brake is when it is the clostest. The other one is when it is in between.

As you can see in the pic ^^ the highest setting (most braking possible) on the dial when on long cast gives about the same distance as the lowest setting (least braking force) on the dial when on all around (middle mode).
Yeah that hold true with the stocker, I'm just trying to hypothesis what happens with a fixed inductor. Since with a standard inductor it extends out and into magnets. Well one good way to find out!

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:18 am

Mcyl wrote:And now I think about it... An IS finesse spool having a fixed inductor will defeat the purpose of mag 3d, I.e. That wonderfully adjustable Spool RPM.
Here's the explanation:

1. In mag V, Z and now air brake. The inductor pushes out further depending on the RPMs of the spool in the the first place.

2. The mag 3d settings moves the mag rings forward and backwards so in normal mag 3D reels. By selecting L, N or Mac you control HOW HIGH an Rpm do you desire before braking starts with the dial dictating the force of the mag field.
Hence a fix inductor will defeat the purpose of Mag 3D in the first place as it never moves along the shaft.

kakaryan, I suggest you purchase a t3 SV spool, it's control is simply eye opening!

Martin
And that ladies and gentlemen is how to hijack a Show and Tell post.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 am

Maybe move it to Supertuning? Because this adaptation is quite unique and a fine bit of tuning if you ask me! Look at the spool alignment, something to sticky Ian's posts

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Mcyl wrote:Maybe move it to Supertuning? Because this adaptation is quite unique and a fine bit of tuning if you ask me! Look at the spool alignment, something to sticky Ian's posts
If there is any post in this thread needs to be moved, it is YOUR posts should be moved.

Every time we are doing fine until you step in and hijack people's threads.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 pm

No worries, consider it moved

I fail to see how questions and suggestions based on improving function + performance can be detrimental. In any case, whether it is correct or not, proving or disproving a technical point especially on a public forum should be a gain.
Thor, if you were following this space, thread started in supertuning.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 am

Mcyl wrote:No worries, consider it moved

I fail to see how questions and suggestions based on improving function + performance can be detrimental. In any case, whether it is correct or not, proving or disproving a technical point especially on a public forum should be a gain.
Your problem is that you fail to see yourself hijacking ppl's threads as problem. Better you start realizing now.

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:41 am

Back to OP
Kakaryan,
How low does your FX with the finesse spool comfortably cast? Is 1/16oz (1.8g) total weight feasible?

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:11 am

kakaryan wrote:
Mcyl wrote:No worries, consider it moved

Your problem is that you fail to see yourself hijacking ppl's threads as problem. Better you start realizing now.
To hijack a thread is to alter the course of thread, an example would be if I went started talking about chasing cudas with a Z.

To peer review however is to improve quality of information and provide credibility.

Hence, the above question is yet another peer review
How low does your FX with the finesse spool comfortably cast?
X2

;)

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 am

Mcyl wrote: To hijack a thread is to alter the course of thread, an example would be if I went started talking about chasing cudas with a Z.

To peer review however is to improve quality of information and provide credibility.

Hence, the above question is yet another peer review
And now you wanna start another debate about defining the meaning of "hijack"? Too much time you have.

Has anyone ever told you that you re really annoying? You better just stay out of it cos your posts make very little sense.

You want to prove that I am wrong by claiming "An IS finesse spool having a fixed inductor will defeat the purpose of mag 3d".

Who cares? This mod. is not "invented" by me. I wouldn't care who like or hate this mod. Try it yourself. A bearing is cheap. I repeat, I am just sharing what I found on Japanese blogs and thoughts from other TT fella.

Apparently you are not following the original purpose of this thread and that's hijacking.

I replied you that "A 3D mag. brake sideplate still serves its purpose no matter what spool is being used. It still gives more braking force in max. mode and less in long cast mode." You disagreed. OK. You want more, regulating RPM blah blah blah....the function of a movable inductor.

So lets see what you come up with in your new thread.
Mcyl wrote:A much lighter, simpler yet more effective approach to mechanics of a moving inductor. If this system (Air brake inductor from the SV spool) could be installed onto a shallower spool say an MB IS finesse or honeycomb...well it would be a game changer!
Tautology. Who doesn't know a mother is a woman? :lol: Could you actually do what you propose? Or just talking? I know driving a rocket to work is faster than driving my car as well. :lol:

So what's the point of criticizing someone's idea is not good enough while you couldn't provide a better one? If this is not hijacking, then it is nit-picking. It's more than less than unhelpful.
Last edited by kakaryan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:37 am

igl00jx wrote:Back to OP
Kakaryan,
How low does your FX with the finesse spool comfortably cast? Is 1/16oz (1.8g) total weight feasible?
So far the lightest lures I have cast comfortably include Ecogear SX40F (a ~2.5g hardbody shad) and "pink grub" (a weightless 2" Ecogear grass minnow with worm hook or resin head hook). These are not very aerodynamic lures but they "fly" with the IS finesse spool and a right rod. If you cast trout spoon or splitshot I think you could go even lower.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 am

And that ladies and gentlemen is how to hijack a Show and Tell post.[/quote]

=D>