FX Air

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: FX Air

Post by bigreddog » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 am

kakaryan wrote:A new solution is to replace the spool bearing with a thinner one, so that the spool could sit deeper in the reel. By replacing the stock 5x11x4 spool bearing with a 5x11x3 bearing. Now, it gives 1mm more space.
Such an elegant and simple idea! =D>

Very clever. Thanks for sharing!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am

Now that there kids is a sweet, sweet mod!! =D> =D>

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:55 am

Seriously -
OP - way to share the insight- much appreciated

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 am

:D
Last edited by Aaronb on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:18 am

Aaronb wrote:This is a vanity thread to show off what kakaryan did. It's not supposed to be a helpful post for other members. That's the trouble you're having is you think it's supposed to be an informative post open for thoughtful conversation. If kakaryan wasn't being completely vain and trying show off I would agree that supertuning would be the better place for this. This is what show and tell is for though.
Um, wow. :cry:

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 am

Aaronb wrote:This is a vanity thread to show off what kakaryan did. It's not supposed to be a helpful post for other members. That's the trouble you're having is you think it's supposed to be an informative post open for thoughtful conversation. If kakaryan wasn't being completely vain and trying show off I would agree that supertuning would be the better place for this. This is what show and tell is for though.
Amazing. This has taken Thread High Jacking to a whole new "epic" level. Again, to the OP. Thanks for sharing. Maybe some of these members need a forum titled "Show and be Told" so they can keep telling us how much better they would, could or have done it!

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 pm

aussiebasser wrote:
Amazing. This has taken Thread High Jacking to a whole new "epic" level. Again, to the OP. Thanks for sharing. Maybe some of these members need a forum titled "Show and be Told" so they can keep telling us how much better they would, could or have done it!
Ha ha ha ha, oh boy

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Whatever people reckon. :whistle: There are tons of threads showing decent tackles on this forum and I do have some sharing mine as well. Call them vanity if you wish to. :whistle:

I don't see the point of showing off an idea that I learnt from someone else though. Maybe you mean the 5x11x3 bearing? Yeah, that cost me a few bucks from Hedgehog studio. :lol:

For those who like this thread, thank you for all the kind works and support. ;)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Aaronb wrote:
aussiebasser wrote:
Ha ha ha ha, oh boy
Judgement Day cometh? :whistle: :talk hand: :doh:

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Nope, no nukes.

Not worth the stir, it was a nice fact to share, looks stunning, that bearing trick is certainly handy for future tunes.

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Well for the record bigreddog chose to only quote part of what I had posted. I had said I liked the mod a am probably going to try it myself. He chose to only pick out part of it to out n quotes. I had decided I chose the wrong words and decided to remove all of it. I guess I should have left it, so it was clear.

I guess I don't post on here much, but I was trying to say from my observation and understanding that show and tell was for showing off your stuff. That's what it was for in grade school and no kids I ever saw wanted to debate the merits of what you brought to show and tell. If it was more of, here's an idea, what do you think of how it will work. That would be more appropriate for super tuning. Kakaryan already tested and found that it worked for him, so there's no where else to go.

I wasn't trying to suggest that kakaryan was obnoxiously showing his stuff off, because he was conceited about his fishing equipment. I'm sorry if that's what you thought. I'll choose my words more carefully next time. Carry on and please share more reels. I really enjoy looking at them. Your mono block with is spool is my favorite.

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Do you see a marked improvement with this over the monoblock/is spool? I've been considering a fx68 or monoblock. I know the tackle tour way is to get both. Lol

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 am

Kool man...thanks for stepping forward. 8-)

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:29 am

ughhhh.. now i want one

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 am

Such an obvious question that escaped my mind.

Ben: how does the IS finesse spool cast in the T3 FX68 compared to
an IS finesse spool in an IS reel?