My Megabass Pop-x addiction

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: My Megabass Pop-x addiction

Post by Teal101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:54 am

Pen3 wrote:Two #67(Flash chart/yellow skeleton) and one #244 (Emerald Shiner). I actually missed the restock and those 3 were the only ones left and i bought all 3 of course.
Nice! I'm trying to find a backup for my bleeding white :mrgreen:

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:03 am

Teal101 wrote:
Pen3 wrote:Two #67(Flash chart/yellow skeleton) and one #244 (Emerald Shiner). I actually missed the restock and those 3 were the only ones left and i bought all 3 of course.
You mean, 2 backups... rightttttt?! lol

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:09 am

As much as i love the Pop-X, the One's Bug is just as good if not better. They are slightly fatter and more traditional design. They are just very hard to come by, especially the special colors. I recently got two of the #290 Smash Shad colors and they were killer on the lake. Evergreen got some of the best hooks and the replacements aren't priced bad either at $3.92 for a pack of 5-6. I have about 16 boxes of EG trebles because lately MB is using really low quality hooks :(

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:20 am

JerryC wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
You mean, 2 backups... rightttttt?! lol
I'll concede the first one to you bud :mrgreen:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:21 am

Pen3 wrote:As much as i love the Pop-X, the One's Bug is just as good if not better. They are slightly fatter and more traditional design. They are just very hard to come by, especially the special colors. I recently got two of the #290 Smash Shad colors and they were killer on the lake. Evergreen got some of the best hooks and the replacements aren't priced bad either at $3.92 for a pack of 5-6. I have about 16 boxes of EG trebles because lately MB is using really low quality hooks :(

I've had major issues with the EG trebles on the Showerblows. I changed em all out for Gammy EWG's and tied up my own feather trailers. I bent and broke every EG treble...

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:24 am

Well they are light wire hooks, but super tacky sharp. We don't have wood and timber in our lakes so there is no need for me to horse fish out.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:29 am

Pen3 wrote:Well they are light wire hooks, but super tacky sharp. We don't have wood and timber in our lakes so there is no need for me to horse fish out.
They are sharp, but they seem to rust quickly. I bent all mine catching fish along rip-rap, they were plowing the bait though :lol: I bent out quite a few Lucky Craft LV trebles this year as well...even snapped one off.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:49 am

Pen3 wrote:As much as i love the Pop-X, the One's Bug is just as good if not better. They are slightly fatter and more traditional design. They are just very hard to come by, especially the special colors. I recently got two of the #290 Smash Shad colors and they were killer on the lake. Evergreen got some of the best hooks and the replacements aren't priced bad either at $3.92 for a pack of 5-6. I have about 16 boxes of EG trebles because lately MB is using really low quality hooks :(

I placed an order for 2 of these 3 days ago.. Also check out the Jackall SK POP Grande.. also very good poppers.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 am

Teal101 wrote:
Pen3 wrote:Well they are light wire hooks, but super tacky sharp. We don't have wood and timber in our lakes so there is no need for me to horse fish out.
They are sharp, but they seem to rust quickly. I bent all mine catching fish along rip-rap, they were plowing the bait though :lol: I bent out quite a few Lucky Craft LV trebles this year as well...even snapped one off.
Did you even end up trying out that Lucky Craft lipless with a bladed back? The 50 Spin Blade Bait i believe.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 am

Pen3 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Did you even end up trying out that Lucky Craft lipless with a bladed back? The 50 Spin Blade Bait i believe.
I havent, the LV-100 and LV-500 cover my bases so well I havent had the need to stray. I imagine it would add some good flash. Imakatsu has a new bait coming out thats similar and already have a blade bait that has a blade tail.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:33 am

My recent shipment of Pop-x baits has been nothing but friggin awesome! Lots or rareties including these.. the saga continues..

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:44 am

Glad you got those bro!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 am

Teal101 wrote:Glad you got those bro!
All because your the man!!!

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am

JerryC wrote:
Teal101 wrote:Glad you got those bro!
All because your the man!!!
Gotta help you get em all! :lol:

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:50 am

Although my collection has thinned out (Needed to fund a reel).. i have kept all my very rare baits and i continue to slowly buy some baits that are very rare still. I was lucky enough to find a friend who knew a guy who knew a guy (seriously) that was in Japan that got me these... a little different from the ones above. Enjoy...