KP Concept A's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

KP Concept A's

Post by KP Duty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Just received the parts to KP my A's and snapped a quick pic with my phone. I haven't even tightened down the handle all the way...I need to get up and get a kleenex or something..I'm afraid I'll scuff it up. 3 more to go

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: KP Concept A's

Post by Gone Phishin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:14 pm

That spool looks pretty bad ass.

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:16 am

Where did you get the KP parts? Just checked the 13 Fishing site and didn't see them.

Evintos
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Evintos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:26 am

Would you happen to know the weight of any of the individual parts?

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 am

Evintos wrote:Would you happen to know the weight of any of the individual parts?
Not yet...but I'm thinking about visiting the post office. I took it out yesterday and the thing is pretty feral. I was making long casts in clear water with a 3/16oz shakey head and the brakes were never backed off. It's wilder than my stock tdz105's or my stock original steez's. I realize that is no bfs test, but I bought these to be general purpose reels. 1/8 Oz is as low as I go. I figured the mods would increase performance, but I didn't expect it to tighten up the tolerances like it did. I've never pulled the trigger on a carbon handle before...maybe they all feel this awesome.

The parts are on 13's site, but a little tricky to find. Click on 'store' via the drop box and then look at the links at the top of the page and you'll see 'trickshop'.

toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toporanger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:59 am

Any follow up review on your kp upgrade? I'm still thinking of trying at least 1 with my concept c reels. I can all ready cast a 3/16 jig head with the stock spool on a ml rod. I'm curious how you are liking yours.

jkleino
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jkleino » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 am

Should be marketed as a Black Op's edition!