Team Pink

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Team Pink

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:45 am

LowRange wrote:
ccass wrote:
frankdi wrote:You need some pink tackle to go along with those.
I am looking for a good pink braid to punch with. I also use pink Gliss on my Aldebaran. I do prefer pink lures for panfish. I have a tiny pink X Rap that does work along with a variety of other baits like CD-1s and grubs.
Do you like Megabas Griffons? The hot pink Baby Griffon slays panfish even though it is a bit big. Every time I throw that thing it gets clobbered by big bluegills.
I never used the Griffons. As far as panfish cranks go, I like the body types of the Rapala UL Series, CD-1, Jackall Timon PaniCra, and the tiny X-raps.

The Panicra is my favorite. The barbless single hooks are a dream when fishing for gills. The lure comes through the weeds pretty good and the barbless single hook comes out of the fishes mouth no problem.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 pm

I've fished the shallow silent griffons. I've tinkered & tuned that thing to the point I can make it jump out of the water every 10ft or so. Trick little crank, but damned if I've ever caught anything with it. I still have faith that it's a good bait though... kinda like that scene from The ghost & the darkness movie, when he builds that trap, and the other guy asked him "did it work?", and he replies "in point of fact it didn't. But Im convinced the theory is sound". :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm

africanbass wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:11 pm
Seen some awesome pink themed reels of late.Please post your pics to this thread.
If its your reel or for your girlfriend/wife(yeah sure :lol: )
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Just got these knobs in.
Took FOREVER but it was worth it only paid a little
Now I’m not sure what reel I got them for 😂
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm
africanbass wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:11 pm
Seen some awesome pink themed reels of late.Please post your pics to this thread.
If its your reel or for your girlfriend/wife(yeah sure :lol: )
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Just got these knobs in.
Took FOREVER but it was worth it only paid a little
Now I’m not sure what reel I got them for 😂
Hahaha...I have my pink SLP knobs sitting around waiting for the right reel.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed May 19, 2021 1:27 pm

I had been wanting to dress my 9.1 Zillions in pink for over a year, but Hedgehog seemingly is never going to replenish stock on the pink handle nut retainer/screw. I decided to go for it anyway....I'll just keep an eye out for the pink handle hardware.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu May 20, 2021 7:44 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:27 pm
I had been wanting to dress my 9.1 Zillions in pink for over a year, but Hedgehog seemingly is never going to replenish stock on the pink handle nut retainer/screw. I decided to go for it anyway....I'll just keep an eye out for the pink handle hardware.

Those look clean. I been neglecting my Zillion 9.1. It been collecting dust on my bass jig rod. I been too into bluegill or really use it haha.