The Rounders Heavy Metal Club

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: The Rounders Heavy Metal Club

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:46 am
goldrod wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:55 am
new member of the GRRF ( goldenrod round reel family )
Looking good, Jorrick! Where’s the Conquest DC?
What’s up Big Brother
It’s in the middle. Was using it today. Wondering if anyone has had the DC part not work? I have not read of anymore but for now it’s a Gem on my poison Adrena
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Ha! I thought that was the BFS! You should’ve included it in the shot. It was still part of the family even if only a foster child for a short time. LoL.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:57 pm

:lol:
Winstondry wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Ha! I thought that was the BFS! You should’ve included it in the shot. It was still part of the family even if only a foster child for a short time. LoL.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:40 pm

Black Jungle on a Valkaryie MH for blade baits.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:57 am

LowRange wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:40 pm
Gorgeous. How do you like the stick for its intended app?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:57 am
LowRange wrote:
This was the 1st trip out with it and it seemed to work great. I'm still learning chatferbaits but it casts the 3/8 oz chatter baits very well and was pretty sensitive for a glass/graphite composite stick. It has a dual action where it casts like a MH F graphite rod but becomes softer and slower under load. I would absolutely trust it for trebble baits too in the 1/2 oz range. One thing I did notice is that the rod felt a little out of gas casting a 3/8 oz chatterbait with beaver bait trailer. That additional weight seemed to make the rod tip flex more than I like when casting but maybe I'm just not used to it. For 1/2 oz + baits I would want to move up to the H. I'm sticking to 3/8 oz baits with skinnier trailers we commonly use on chatterbaits instead of beavers.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:02 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
LowRange wrote:
This was the 1st trip out with it and it seemed to work great. I'm still learning chatferbaits but it casts the 3/8 oz chatter baits very well and was pretty sensitive for a glass/graphite composite stick. It has a dual action where it casts like a MH F graphite rod but becomes softer and slower under load. I would absolutely trust it for trebble baits too in the 1/2 oz range. One thing I did notice is that the rod felt a little out of gas casting a 3/8 oz chatterbait with beaver bait trailer. That additional weight seemed to make the rod tip flex more than I like when casting but maybe I'm just not used to it. For 1/2 oz + baits I would want to move up to the H. I'm sticking to 3/8 oz baits with skinnier trailers we commonly use on chatterbaits instead of beavers.
Just what I was looking for. Thank you Sir.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:57 am

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:32 am

tincanary wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:57 am
Looks great Bob! Happy New Year!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:18 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:02 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
LowRange wrote:
I should probably update this is say that it's the most awesome all around moving bait rod I have ever used. Incredible rod. Great with 3/8 oz chatterbaits and still very good with 1/2 oz. Hooking up on a long cast with a 1/2 oz with a big hook can take some effort with flourocarbon line so maybe you want to step up to the heavy Valkaryie or some other rod if you do 1/2 oz chatterbaits. I still caught a bunch on 1/2 oz but I use Jackalls with thin gage hooks. Its been an awesome 3/8 to 1 oz crankbait rod too. I've been throwing squarebills with the handle shortened and then some deep cranks like DD22s with the handle extended. The impressive thing is I can react to a bite and land a fish with the hook balled up in the soft tissue of the mouth. I have lost one fish on this rod and it came when I softly swipped to the rod on a small fish I didn't even realize was on a 1/2 oz chatter and Bellows Gill trailer. Got it to the kayak thinking it was a ball of weeds then jumped and got off.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 am

Braid with a fluoro or mono leader will make it easier to set the hook on any rod.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:27 am

mark poulson wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 am
Braid with a fluoro or mono leader will make it easier to set the hook on any rod.
Yeppers...and fishes great on mod-fast/mod tapered blanks. I have an Evergreen Heracles EG Swimming 7'2" MHMF, and it is an excellent all-purpose moving baits rod for 3/8-1 oz with braid and about 5'-7' of heavier fluoro. From what I can gather, the Valkyrie 7 MH is bout the same as the EG Swimming, maybe a tad less power and slower taper.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."