Valkyries

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Valkyries

Post by Winstondry » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Thought I'd share some pics of my Valkyries. As you can see by the reels on them, they are all used for reaction baits.
Attachments
Valk 1.jpg
Valk 1.jpg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
Valk 2.jpg
Valk 2.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
Valk 3.jpg
Valk 3.jpg (47.5 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
Valk 4.jpg
Valk 4.jpg (49.09 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
Valk 5.jpg
Valk 5.jpg (96.36 KiB) Viewed 9675 times

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Valkyries

Post by Winstondry » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Couple more...
Attachments
Valk 6.jpg
Valk 6.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 9674 times
Valk 7.jpg
Valk 7.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 9674 times

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Great line up

What models are they?

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks! They are 67ML, 69M+ and 74H+.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Just need the 71mh

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:52 am

Outstanding. That lock nut has more of a gunmetal finish than others I've seen. Maybe it's just the light, but I like it.
This is the way.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Gorgeous rods! I am now intrigued.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 pm

I’ve fished my 71h now since the week they became available at TTT and still really like the rod. It’s become a staple. By far my favorite of the newer gen MB rods. The 71h doesn’t seem to get much attention, but I find it well balanced for a h rod, great taper, and I love the spiral wrap. It might be in my head, but I feel more connected with the tip pointing down on a casting rod. It’s also much lighter than 72 h than the length difference would suggest.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:06 am

Polkfish

What have you been throwing on the 71h ??

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 pm
I’ve fished my 71h now since the week they became available at TTT and still really like the rod. It’s become a staple. By far my favorite of the newer gen MB rods. The 71h doesn’t seem to get much attention, but I find it well balanced for a h rod, great taper, and I love the spiral wrap. It might be in my head, but I feel more connected with the tip pointing down on a casting rod. It’s also much lighter than 72 h than the length difference would suggest.
I have one but need more time with it.
Punching is coming soon
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 pm

bbates3 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:06 am
Polkfish

What have you been throwing on the 71h ??
Frogs; large wake baits; heavy vibrating and swim jigs with large profile trailers.

You can also bounce a jig on the bottom with it and feel plenty.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu May 19, 2022 10:58 am

Antares DC MD would be magical on the XXH 7'6". I'm waiting to see how my Zillion HD performs on my XXH and if I send up doing enough heavy punching to continue use of the Zillion HD with catalina TW spool. I'll know after a season or two. The option's I'm weighing are:

Keep the Zillion HD with two spool approach on the XXH. Stock spool for big baits and big mono. Catalina spool for punching with braid. Get an Antares DC for the reeless FX-711 as a deep crank reel

Move the Zillion HD to the FX-711 and reduce gearing. Keep the two spool approach. Stock spool for big cranks, biffle bugs, foot ball jigs and 14-16# sniper and the Catalina TW spool for 20# braid both for deep cranks or regain the pitching use of the rod with the Catalina TW spool as the pitching spool. Get an Antares DC MG for the XXH valk. Lose heavy punching ability.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 pm

Experimenting with the aliexpress gills as chatterbait trailers once they get beat up. These aren't much of a better value over the real deal but just like that orange belly color that only these come in. Throwing the 5.1 on a 1/2 oz Break Blade which has got to push the upper limit of the MH Valkaryie but it has handled it like a champ so far. It was a softer tip rod than what I was used to at 1st but have grown to love it. These glass composite sticks are really special. They don't actually feel like a stiff tip moderate dumb glass sticks like you would think. They have fast graphite rod like tapers that give under load yet are deceptively powerful. I can't explain. It's the megabass x factor you sometimes get with their really special rods. The MH is one of them. They all might be that way. The only other one I have is the XXH and I haven't had much time on it to formulate an opinion. I came off the Huyga H to the MH Valkaryie and thought the Valkaryie was too soft and overloaded casting chatterbaits but I just to adjust to it coming from a lot of mag heavy stick use.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm

LowRange wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 pm
Experimenting with the aliexpress gills as chatterbait trailers once they get beat up. These aren't much of a better value over the real deal but just like that orange belly color that only these come in. Throwing the 5.1 on a 1/2 oz Break Blade which has got to push the upper limit of the MH Valkaryie but it has handled it like a champ so far. It was a softer tip rod than what I was used to at 1st but have grown to love it. These glass composite sticks are really special. They don't actually feel like a stiff tip moderate dumb glass sticks like you would think. They have fast graphite rod like tapers that give under load yet are deceptively powerful. I can't explain. It's the megabass x factor you sometimes get with their really special rods. The MH is one of them. They all might be that way. The only other one I have is the XXH and I haven't had much time on it to formulate an opinion. I came off the Huyga H to the MH Valkaryie and thought the Valkaryie was too soft and overloaded casting chatterbaits but I just to adjust to it coming from a lot of mag heavy stick use.

I throw traps and chatter baits with the heavy
What’s your take on the medhvy as a dedicated square bill rod ..?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue May 31, 2022 7:41 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm
LowRange wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 pm

I throw traps and chatter baits with the heavy
What’s your take on the medhvy as a dedicated square bill rod ..?
I'll have to throw some and let you know. My initial impressions are that it would be great for squarebills between 3/8 to 3/4 oz. I've got a 3/4 oz grass tracker i want to throw on it this week. I plan to use this as a cranking and 3/8 oz bladed jig stick next season with the cranks being 1/2 oz range lipless, squarebills and flash sides. Right now its on bladed jig use and then I'll switch to swim jigs for the rest of the season.