Fun Evenings Throwing Topwater

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Fun Evenings Throwing Topwater

Post by Redfish » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:28 am

Holy crap! Those trout are true gators! Where did you catch them?
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 am

dragon1 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:07 am
Holy SCHITE Jeff, sorry I'm a bit late to this party.

You just done crushed it Mango!
Thanks brother. Have had some good days since then, but for some reason they were on the feed big time that evening and not letting it get away. Topwater definitely made the whole thing more memorable!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 am

toddmc wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:36 pm
Great fish! I fished a carp hatchery when I was about 14 in 1984 that also had bass in it. I went 31 straight with a Devil's Horse one evening before I caught all of the bass in that tiny lake. They were all stunted and only about 13 inches each. I have gone 31 for 32 casts with a Michael (Japanese topwater popper) in one of the golf course lakes behind the house before I caught all of those fish. Those fish averaged about three pounds. When the fish want topwater and they are competing, it is magical. I have a lot of topwaters from when I was a kid that have very little paint left on them. They still catch lots of fish. My FLW tour buddy was throwing the Roumba a few nights ago at the lake in back of the house and got all Quagmire giggity :laugh1: because he was on em.
That’s an insane bite, definitely makes it way more memorable thinking back to those bombs going off one after another. Like you said, when they want it, they want it bad! Usually throwing a jerkbait here, but tied on the topwater and they proved it was the right lure at that time.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:02 am

Redfish wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:28 am
Holy crap! Those trout are true gators! Where did you catch them?
If I remember correctly, it was over 22lbs on those 3 trout the second night. Didn’t measure any of them but got the weights with my Boga. I’m in Pensacola, FL. Crystal clear water and tough fishing, but we definitely have some big trout.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am

Few more trout from a couple recent trips. Pre/post spawners pushed shallow with the cooling water temps around the last full moon. These fish were eating my custom 110sr in Bone.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:16 pm

Jeffbro999 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am
Few more trout from a couple recent trips. Pre/post spawners pushed shallow with the cooling water temps around the last full moon. These fish were eating my custom 110sr in Bone.
GUUD GAWD...BEASTS!

Thank goodness for Bogas, you surely don't want to lip land them feeshies.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."