Racing Design and Steez Sha

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Racing Design and Steez Sha

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm

What a color match
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Racing Design and Steez Sha

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Boy I’ll say! :shock: :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Thanks John. I appreciate your help
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:22 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:18 pm
Thanks John. I appreciate your help
Anytime 8-)

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Those rods look great! 8-)

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:31 pm

WoW! RD and Steez Limited Namiki is truly the best combo out there.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 am

Spectacular!! =D> I am a big fan of the Racing Design rods...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 am

I’m seriously considering selling more to get less. With the exception of a few elite level rods that I enjoy using. I sold five rods and don’t feel bad at all about downsizing.
This is by far the most sensitive rod I’ve used. I went out with my super stallion. This rod is more of a sharp ping even when getting a bite from a distance. There are rods that I have which I feel are really sensitive but the way the bite is transmitted to your hands just feel different and heightened.

I think this Steez was my very first Steez ever. It has great memories and for Texas rigs it has the right amount of ipt so I don’t over work the lure.
One thing I have noticed is sometimes I am fishing too fast even when I think I’m not. Something I’ve come to realize while fishing football jigs

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:14 am

Matching reel and rod is always the best.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 am

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 am
I’m seriously considering selling more to get less. With the exception of a few elite level rods that I enjoy using. I sold five rods and don’t feel bad at all about downsizing.
This is by far the most sensitive rod I’ve used. I went out with my super stallion. This rod is more of a sharp ping even when getting a bite from a distance. There are rods that I have which I feel are really sensitive but the way the bite is transmitted to your hands just feel different and heightened.

I think this Steez was my very first Steez ever. It has great memories and for Texas rigs it has the right amount of ipt so I don’t over work the lure.
One thing I have noticed is sometimes I am fishing too fast even when I think I’m not. Something I’ve come to realize while fishing football jigs

Amazing equipment man...top notch. 8-)

What are the details on the RD...which model? Weights thrown? Action of the blank in your hands? Casting or pitching?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 am
goldrod wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 am

Amazing equipment man...top notch. 8-)

What are the details on the RD...which model? Weights thrown? Action of the blank in your hands? Casting or pitching?
This is the Texas rig special casting
STZ-RD 701MH/HFB
7’0” MH/H 1/4- 1 1/2oz
10-20lb test

Wife just discovered it tonight 😆
I’m only using it for unpegged T-Rigs , I have no desire or need to use it for anything else. I’m using 12lb sunline sniper 3/0 decoy W6 hook and reins weight I think this is 3/16. Jury is still working on a verdict but I have to be honest and say that it’s better than the Steez bottom contact rod but it’s shorter too. I’ve caught some no count fish less than three pounds.
I’ve got to get more time on the water to tell you more about how it cast but for a seven foot rod of course accuracy is there. The detailing is exquisite but it functions just as beautiful as it looks. There are others on here who have had it for a while that will gladly give you more information. I’ve have to give it more time to give you more information.
I’d like to have more time in the water with it but my initial impressions dictate that I should get another

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Hahahaha!

Awesome man...way cool. Does it feel faster to you than the Bottom Contact?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:03 pm
Hahahaha!

The bottom contact is the fastest
Fishing it with 3/16 Greenfish tackle jig and bellows craw
Cast long on the BC is spectacular

The RD can be irritating because you feel everything all the time. Without any exaggeration if I cast to the same spot with both setups and retrieve it. I can’t tell that I’m in wood grass etc. it’s just with the RD I can almost tell you the size of the piece of wood I’m coming over. The RD is light and has a hollow feel to it

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:31 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Hahahaha!

The RD can be irritating because you feel everything all the time. Without any exaggeration if I cast to the same spot with both setups and retrieve it. I can’t tell that I’m in wood grass etc. it’s just with the RD I can almost tell you the size of the piece of wood I’m coming over. The RD is light and has a hollow feel to it

Wowzers. Thanks man. 8-)

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm
goldrod wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:31 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Hahahaha!

Wowzers. Thanks man. 8-)
CORRECTION
* I can tell that I’m in wood grass etc.