Trash customs

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Trash customs

Post by LowRange » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:52 pm

More of this ridiculous thing. I even made it more ridiculous. Put a rising sun on it even though nothing is Japanese about it other than the knobs. Also stuck it on the Super Trickster for the photo op. What is wrong with me.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:56 am

I love trash reels, the look tells a story.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:51 pm

I wrapped the new to me Z200 just to see what was possible when mine loses the factory paint. This might have some potential. This job was a 1st attempt and looks like hell. The side plate ends up with wrinkles but I think the use of a hair dryer applying the adhesive sheet would have helped. I didnt remove the removable top cover because I need a jis screwdriver so I did it with it on. It came out pretty decent for a less than ideal 1st attempt.

I'm absolutely sold this is the way to cover up top scratches and peeing paint on the top cover of the reel. Just remove the plate to apply it though. The handle side plate is sol. Too many complex curves to form the sheet around unless you use a heat gun and have some skill.