My favorite fly west / backpack in a stream fishing and in a seatrout fishing from a shore

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

My favorite fly west / backpack in a stream fishing and in a seatrout fishing from a shore

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:04 am

My favorite so far has been Vision Mycket Bra:
Mycket Bra.JPG
Mycket Bra.JPG (63.94 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
https://visionflyfishing.com/product/my ... -the-army/
It's a combination of fly west and (very) small backpack. Front pack can be used separately from back pack, but so far I haven't used that this way, because I have had always stuff pretty much all those can take. Usually I have standard pliers, and knifes and sharpeners and measuring tape and lures of 1 - 3 small boxes and GoPro or two and spare batteries, and lines and leaders and ~5 cans of drink and raincoat + landing net. So then this 'Mycket Bra' pack is basically full. But it's still comfortable to carry, but only if it's balanced well between back and frontpack. For example if I dry all drink cans in front, that leads unbalanced situation, and I must move 1 or 2 full cans from back to front. This pack can be rotated by disconnecting low straps, with nothing must be set towards ground, where can be ticks.

So Mycket bra can be used without backpack, by using additive straps that comes with delivery. But Front pack can also be used with bigger backpacks. As a bigger backpack I have used Miltec 'Assault packs', in size of Small and Large, depending on how much I want to carry with. If I don't know will I need my windproof smock or will not:
https://www.us-eagle.fi/armyja-ulkoilua ... /p/603163/
and want to pack it for a spare, then Small 'Assault pack' is enough:
https://www.us-eagle.fi/retkeilyja-selv ... /14002002/
and if I need more spare clothes, then I take Large 'Assault pack':
https://www.us-eagle.fi/retkeilyja-selv ... dcQAvD_BwE

Vision Mycket Bra seems not being the only one of this kind carry system. It seems that other manufacturers has similar...

Which is yours favorite carry system when you go to stream fishing or sea fishing from shore?

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: My favorite fly west / backpack in a stream fishing and in a seatrout fishing from a shore

Post by jvelth74 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:18 am

BFS stream fishing season can really begin!

I ordered new minnows, because I have lost those which I uses on last season:
Tsuorinoya Intruders.jpg
Tsuorinoya Intruders.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Also orderd new spinners, because I have lost also those:
Blue Fox Wibrax 1.jpg
Blue Fox Wibrax 1.jpg (58.21 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Also ordered those more expensive gan Craft Jointed Claw's:

I have missed possibility to hang rod to my west, to free my hands, if I like to for example take a drinking can. And possibility to hang whatever is sometimes handy. So I ordered these plastic carabiners:
Plastic Crarabiners.jpg
Plastic Crarabiners.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Sometimes when I'm drinking and I have open drinking can, but thinking that it would be nice to fish, but don't like to lay drinking can to ground. Therefore I ordered leather drinking can holder:
drink can keeper.jpg
drink can keeper.jpg (45.95 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Feels like that my tackle are in ready for new season :)
Backplack-flywest (1).jpg
Backplack-flywest (1).jpg (81.84 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
---------------------------------------------------

Those plastic clips were really useful addition to my fly west! Currently land is on ice in here, so rod can be stuck to snow without fearing ticks and also drink can can stuck to snow without fearing ants going in to it. But clips work good as rod hang. I was fishing with dog, and trails are on mirror ice and those were really slippery despite of spike shoes. I was happy that I could hang Ares rod tube to my new clips and free both my hands. Those cheap plastic clips were good purchasement!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My favorite fly west / backpack in a stream fishing and in a seatrout fishing from a shore

Post by toddmc » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 am

Those Vibrax spinners catch em everywhere. I caught a ton of bass, trout, bluegill, and crappie on those as a kid. I still use them often in the Eastern Sierras.