Evergreen HD / steez ltd boosted

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Evergreen HD / steez ltd boosted

Post by goldrod » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Thanks TT.com

Steez has SV boost spool in it.. 20# floro..
evergreen rod is and experience just thought I'd share..

got in the megabass honeycomb spool for my purple alphas in today
the ISSEI HLC spool should be here by thursday and I picked up a zpi RC002S in limited black..
yet no time to play just yet..
Attachments
hdstee.jpeg
hdstee.jpeg (145.82 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
hdste.jpeg
hdste.jpeg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen HD / steez ltd boosted

Post by Winstondry » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:35 pm

Sweet combo!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:00 am

Way to go! That’ll work …

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:55 am

Winstondry wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:35 pm
Sweet combo!
I can not thank YOu enough

Can’t wait to get a bite on it and that EGU chunk
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 am

Looks outstanding! What do you think of the boost spool in the OG Steez Ltd?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:14 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 am
need a little more time with it.. to really give you an honest assessment but you can make quiet kissable pitches so far and im using more than 70% of breaking

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:43 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:14 pm
Fishing4Fun wrote:
need a little more time with it.. to really give you an honest assessment but you can make quiet kissable pitches so far and im using more than 70% of breaking
Quite curious about this myself. Please keep us informed as you spend more time with it. I run the 1012SV in my limited Steez, and I quite like it. A bit fast, but still in control, definitely not over braked, and more desirable than the stock spools. I'm ass the boost spool to be even faster, which may not play as well.

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:20 am

What a beautiful combo brother. I aim to get my hands on an Evergreen rod soon but fear I may be ruined afterwards. It’s a gamble I’m willing to take.

Joe

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:48 am

goldrod wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Its those weak OG Steez magnets. They can wake up some spools but you may or may not have to run a pretty high magnet setting. That's what I am finding out with my ZPI RC 001 spool in my LTD. It wakes up in the Steez but I have to run the dial no lower than 6 out of 10.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:05 pm

LowRange wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:48 am
goldrod wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Its those weak OG Steez magnets. They can wake up some spools but you may or may not have to run a pretty high magnet setting. That's what I am finding out with my ZPI RC 001 spool in my LTD. It wakes up in the Steez but I have to run the dial no lower than 6 out of 10.
It's been my experience that the magnets are stronger on the limited SV Steez reels, than those of the OG models. I've tried using the spools I run in my limited with OGs, and it was considerably different - as in bordering on wild. At least too much so for my thumbs.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:05 pm
LowRange wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
It's been my experience that the magnets are stronger on the limited SV Steez reels, than those of the OG models. I've tried using the spools I run in my limited with OGs, and it was considerably different - as in bordering on wild. At least too much so for my thumbs.
I only have experience with SS SVs and LTDs. They the later versions of the OG Steez. All 3 of mine had very weak magnets and spools that were slow on other reels were much faster in them and spools that were fast in other reels were basically unusable in them but I have no experience with earlier OG Steez other than an IS73 but those got gigga strong magnets from Megabass.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:27 pm

LowRange wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:19 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:05 pm
LowRange wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
I only have experience with SS SVs and LTDs. They the later versions of the OG Steez. All 3 of mine had very weak magnets and spools that were slow on other reels were much faster in them and spools that were fast in other reels were basically unusable in them but I have no experience with earlier OG Steez other than an IS73 but those got gigga strong magnets from Megabass.
The SS SV has very weak magnets by design. Any other Steez SV reels have stronger magnets than the original, non SV version to accommodate the Super Versatile technology - with the exception of the Megabass Steez reels.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:18 pm

What i can tell you about the rod is this
it transmits e-v-e-r-y-thang.. like everything. The sensitivity is above alot of rods i've fished
sorry for the sporadic post but life is crazy right now

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:00 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:18 pm
it transmits e-v-e-r-y-thang.. like everything. The sensitivity is above alot of rods i've fished
Sounds like it’s at least above par. :lol: Was starting to worry since the rod seems to have been lost in the sauce with all the discussion about the boost spool.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:43 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:00 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:18 pm
Sounds like it’s at least above par. :lol: Was starting to worry since the rod seems to have been lost in the sauce with all the discussion about the boost spool.
Bro you know !
I said to myself why ? Like honestly I am not going to say “ this is the most sensitive rod ever “ after every rod purchased. So I’m very cognizant of that. I can’t think of a rod that I own that is as amplified as this and I’m in the rod room now. My initial impressions were NRX who? THIS IS WHAT I HAd hoped I was getting when I made that purchase.
In my opinion I have some decent rod in terms of sensitivity but now at this level. Daiwa bottom contact rods nope. I’d say it’s above my one and only racing design.
Oddly enough I was on the fence about an evergreen rod cause I already have the kaleido inspirare super stallion that I really love but I wanted something to complement it. God heard that prayer for sure.

These rods just utter perfection in terms of build, balance, brawn and action
I’m grateful to have this opportunity.