I really need to go fishing

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

I really need to go fishing

Post by John G » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:28 pm

Here are some new rods n reels that I have acquired either years ago or within the last month. The Aldebaran Mg-7 is years old and the Twin Power 2500HGS is a few years old. The Aldebaran Mg-7 and the Twin Power 2500HGS are the only reels in the pics that have caught fish and all of the rods are new and have never been fishing.

In the first pic, I have a 6' JDM Fenwick Links Yoshida Version rod that I am going to use for Sigletts and Grand Sigletts. It has a Tiny Siglett on it now.

Next up is a Abu Garcia Ultracast BF8 and a 5'10" UL Legit Design Wild Side BFS rod that I am going to use for Baby Pop X's.

Up next is a Smith 'Be Sticky' trout rod with a Aldebaran MGL with an Avail Honeycomb Spool that will be used for micro size topwaters like Nano Sigletts and Tiny Sigletts etc.

Next up is a JDM 6'5" ML Expride BFS rod that I don't have a reel for.

Next up is a 6' Tenryu Rayz Alter trout rod with a Twin Power C2000S. It will be used mostly for micro minnow lures and tiny cranks.

Next up is a 5'10" 21 Poison Glorious UL-S with a Twin Power C2000SHG. It will be used for tiny jigs targeting panfish and bass.

Next up is a 6'7" 21 Poison Glorious L+ with a Twin Power 2500HGS. It will be used for finesse jigs and unweighted worms.

Now I need to get off my butt and go fishing. :lol:

Last edited by John G on Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: I really need to go fishing

Post by John G » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:15 pm

;)

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:24 am

Nice finesse combos.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:49 am

mrpao wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:24 am
Nice finesse combos.
Thank you

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:46 am

Those look fantastic!! Yes, you need to go fishing :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:43 am

Crazy nice setups

Tomorrow is not guaranteed so GO!
I think you are south of me and I’d like to know what spots you frequent
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Thanks for all of the nice responses. :D
I am in Pinellas County Florida. That is St. Petersburg, Clearwater etc etc. The small lake that I fish is Alligator Lake in Safety Harbor. It's really small and you can see it on Google Earth. It is small but it has all the fish in it that I want to catch and I have actually caught some really nice bass in there.

Last edited by John G on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:53 pm

1 down 6 to go. :lol:
I caught a few Bluegill today on the 5'10" UL-S Poison Glorious/Twin Power S2000SHG combo.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:02 am

Sweet...the Glorious series is my jam. Saw the 510-S UL at JLS and almost picked it up for panfish, but I've never handled a 'bass' UL ¹rod. Nice rigs...I was thinking of doing a photo shoot myself. The show and tell section was my go-to while sittin' on the toilet, but has been stagnent lately.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:08 pm

Damn gorgeous combos John...love that first Swimbait pic of the bass, is the front trebel dressed with long hackles of some sort?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:11 am

KP Duty wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:02 am
Sweet...the Glorious series is my jam. Saw the 510-S UL at JLS and almost picked it up for panfish, but I've never handled a 'bass' UL ¹rod. Nice rigs...I was thinking of doing a photo shoot myself. The show and tell section was my go-to while sittin' on the toilet, but has been stagnent lately.
Thank you. FYI, the 5'10" UL-S is really sensitive in my hands. I was using a Size 8 hook, 1.5g Decoy Aji Drive jig head with a Panfish Magnet plastic and I had no problem at all feeling the bites and when I hit something hard on the bottom. I would like to get the regular 5'10 UL with the tubular top to go along with this solid tip Poison Glorious.
I bought mine from Japan Angler. When I noticed that it had a solid tip, I actually tried to return it but he told me it was already shipped. I then remembered that I used to own the Poison Ultima 162L-S and then I thought that a solid tip is no big deal. I'm glad that I got it. With the exchange rate the way it is now, some of these deals are too good to pass up.
Last edited by John G on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:17 am

dragon1 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:08 pm
Damn gorgeous combos John...love that first Swimbait pic of the bass, is the front trebel dressed with long hackles of some sort?
Thank you Van. You have a keen eye for the little details. :D
I was thinking that the lure in the pic must be my Megabass Mag Draft but after looking at pics online, I believe it was my Megabass Magslowl. I would post a pic of the actual paddle tail but I don't have it at home with me right now.

Last edited by John G on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:19 am

:D

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:45 am

Perfecto brother, thanks for updating. I also like the Mikey Jr's that came with the feathered treble hook teasers, they are extremely sharp and work great, aside the lighter gauge hooks that tend to take a beating from any hard fighting fish even in the 3-4 lb class.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."