Best inshore low profile baitcasters?

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
Shadowcaster1969
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Best inshore low profile baitcasters?

Post by Shadowcaster1969 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm

I would recommend the DAIWA MORETHAN PE TW 1000XHL. It's basically a Steez with salwater-certified components designed for Japanese sea bass anglers. Probably the smoothest and best casting light saltwater low profile reel I had used. The Conqest would be a neck and neck competitor in terms of smoothness and casting performance but the title of this thread says low profile reel so the Conqest doesn't qualify... :)

https://youtu.be/lFLfPUlQv2M

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:46 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:13 pm
Daiwa Ryoga 1016h 2020h and Z2020h are. What I use and they are awesome reels. Others have come and gone but I don't see myself getting rid of these.
=D> =D>
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:00 am

Wow, I hope the OP has made a decision by now. We're 10-ish years in!

I don't know what the draw to low profile reels is for saltwater. Just taste I guess. I just know round reels. I have some old Millionaire CV-Zs that are still going smooth and strong after 20-ish years. I picked up a new Calcutta 400B a while ago and still prefer my old CV-Z 300. However, it's hard to beat Calcuttas. Ryoga or Conquest? Only winner there is you. My wish list is a combination of Daiwa and Shimano. Just a bunch of Coke vs Pepsi, Camaro vs Mustang (CHARGER! :big grin: ), McD's vs BK nonsense to me. You'll be happy with either.

I just don't know about this low profile in saltwater stuff. Guess I gotta try it.