Tatula disengaging

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tatula disengaging

Post by johnD » Tue May 17, 2022 8:12 pm

I have a tatula 100 (newer version) on my frog rod , it seems like the thumb bar is disengaging when I set the hook , any ideas ? Thanks in advanced.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tatula disengaging

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed May 18, 2022 3:02 pm

Are you sure the a/r bearing isnt slipping?
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Yeah I could see the anti reverse slipping creating that feeling... It would be an odd occurrence mechanically for a quick hard pull on the spool/pinion/main gear/drag/AR bearing/handle. Just isn't really a path where the thumb bar should come back down. Not saying it couldn't happen, I guess anything is possible with the right or wrong circumstances, but it would be very unlikely.

Now I have pushed a thumb bar on accident in a panic setting the hook really hard. That was a mess.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed May 18, 2022 9:53 pm

I was kinda of in a hurry to get off the water ,when it made the sound. I'll fish it again in a few days (supposed to rain all weekend :( ) and see if it happens again , if it's the AR that's a easy fix I have a extra one.