Daiwa TDZ - US Trail 100M (Right)

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
jinz
Angler
Angler

Daiwa TDZ - US Trail 100M (Right)

Post by jinz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Currently, I owned this reel TDZ - 100M US Trail with gear ratio 5.7. I'm planning for upgrading the gear ratio within 6.3 - 7.0. Is it possible to upgrade this reel to the higher ratio? Which models or parts no is suitable for upgrading? Thank you for responding my thread.. :big grin:

P/s: I'm newbies on upgrading the gear. :(

trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa TDZ - US Trail 100M (Right)

Post by trav » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Its possible to upgrade to 6.3:1, but thats the highest. Both Steez Ha and Fuego gears will drop in. All you would need to get is the drive gear and pinion gear. Look up The Tackle Trap. They sell gear conversion kits, and Gary is a good guy to deal with.

jinz
Angler
Angler

Post by jinz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

trav wrote:Its possible to upgrade to 6.3:1, but thats the highest. Both Steez Ha and Fuego gears will drop in. All you would need to get is the drive gear and pinion gear. Look up The Tackle Trap. They sell gear conversion kits, and Gary is a good guy to deal with.
thanks for your fast response..Do tackle trap do direct shipping to Malaysia? Do you know the parts no for both Steez Ha and Fuego gears and pinion gear? IF once changed/upgrades to the hi-ratio gear do the existing/stock spool for 100M able to fit in? :big grin:

trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by trav » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 pm

jinz wrote:
trav wrote:Its possible to upgrade to 6.3:1, but thats the highest. Both Steez Ha and Fuego gears will drop in. All you would need to get is the drive gear and pinion gear. Look up The Tackle Trap. They sell gear conversion kits, and Gary is a good guy to deal with.
thanks for your fast response..Do tackle trap do direct shipping to Malaysia? Do you know the parts no for both Steez Ha and Fuego gears and pinion gear? IF once changed/upgrades to the hi-ratio gear do the existing/stock spool for 100M able to fit in? :big grin:
You would have to contact bronzefly about shipping. If you order from The Tackle Trap, you wont have to worry about part numbers, everything would be included in the kit. The stock spool will still fit. I could only get the part numbers for the Steez, the Fuego schematic would load for me. BTW, the Steez drive gear is aluminum, and the Fuego drive gear is brass(heavier).

Part numbers from Daiwa website:

Steez 100HA
Pinion Gear - G89-7101
Drive Gear - G75-6201

jinz
Angler
Angler

Post by jinz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 pm

trav wrote:
jinz wrote:
You would have to contact bronzefly about shipping. If you order from The Tackle Trap, you wont have to worry about part numbers, everything would be included in the kit. The stock spool will still fit. I could only get the part numbers for the Steez, the Fuego schematic would load for me. BTW, the Steez drive gear is aluminum, and the Fuego drive gear is brass(heavier).

Part numbers from Daiwa website:

Steez 100HA
Pinion Gear - G89-7101
Drive Gear - G75-6201
thanks again mate...would really appreciates your part no codes. what else should I consider for the upgrades? currently, I'm planning for upgrading the carbon matrix drag. what size should I get it as the size available is 0.7mm and 0.9mm.

trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by trav » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 am

As far as upgrades, I did the Boca Bearing OS ABEC 7 bearing kit, carbontex drag, steez drag star and carbon handle with bearing supported knobs. I dont know about the drag disk size you are speaking of. Hopefully someone else here can comment on that.

The 100M is an amazing reel. With upgrades, you can have quite a machine.

jinz
Angler
Angler

Post by jinz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:35 am

trav wrote:As far as upgrades, I did the Boca Bearing OS ABEC 7 bearing kit, carbontex drag, steez drag star and carbon handle with bearing supported knobs. I dont know about the drag disk size you are speaking of. Hopefully someone else here can comment on that.

The 100M is an amazing reel. With upgrades, you can have quite a machine.
currently i do have abec 7 boca bearing with spool + cover spool attached with it. The size of the drag i meant is the thickness of the carbon matrix. Currently looking for the star drag and carbon handle (ZPI). Do you think that I should choose the thickness of the carbon matrix - 0.9mm or stick with 0.7mm?

trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by trav » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 am

I would say that unless you are planning on using heavy braid or heavy line, just go with the 0.7mm. Any size drag would be an upgrade from the slotted plastic drag washers it comes with from the factory.

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am

trav wrote:I would say that unless you are planning on using heavy braid or heavy line, just go with the 0.7mm. Any size drag would be an upgrade from the slotted plastic drag washers it comes with from the factory.
I can't comment on what thickness the washer are on that reel, but whichever are chosen they need to be as close as possible to stock. Going too thick or thin can cause gears to mesh improperly as well as fitment issues with the side plate. Should be this kit:
http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=2944

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks guys!!

jinz - yes, we do ship internationally and we have the standard carbontex drag washers for the TD-Z 100m and we also have the 6.3:1 brass gear set available. Please send me an email at thetackletrap@gmail.com and I'll make sure we get all the parts you need and an accuate shipping quote to your location. Thanks!

Gary
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jinz
Angler
Angler

Post by jinz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 pm

bronzefly wrote:Thanks guys!!

jinz - yes, we do ship internationally and we have the standard carbontex drag washers for the TD-Z 100m and we also have the 6.3:1 brass gear set available. Please send me an email at thetackletrap@gmail.com and I'll make sure we get all the parts you need and an accuate shipping quote to your location. Thanks!

Gary

hi gary do you received my email regarding the brass gear set? do let me know if you've not received it.

jinz
Angler
Angler

Post by jinz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 pm

currently, I've ordering some parts for my TDZ reel such as KTF side plate screw (red), Brake Dial Screw (red), Spool tension cap (red), star drag (red - no stock atm). For the spool should I get Zillion PE Long Cast or get PX68 pair with ZPI ring?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 am

jinz wrote:

hi gary do you received my email regarding the brass gear set? do let me know if you've not received it.
I have not, I'm sorry. Please re-send your email to me at thetackletrap@gmail.com Thanks!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:33 am

how did this experiment turn out?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:40 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:33 am
how did this experiment turn out?
This user last visited the site in 2014, so I doubt you'll get a response. :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.