Boca bearing experience...

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Boca bearing experience...

Post by OkobojiEagle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Looking for experienced comparisons between Boca Lightning ceramic bearings and the Orange Seal ceramic bearings. Thanks

oe

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Boca bearing experience...

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:17 pm

The lightning bearings aren't ceramic. They are stainless, perform similarly and are quieter than the ceramic A7's.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by a1712 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:31 am

Ceramic Lightning Fishing Reel Bearing kits are intended an upgrade replacement to stock fishing reel bearings. These ABEC #5 bearings have ceramic balls with stainless steel races, retainers and shields. Ceramic will never corrode, has less rolling resistance and is lighter and than steel. As a result ceramic bearings last longer and cast longer. All Ceramic Lightning fishing reel bearings are supplied dry, without grease or oil. Lubrication can be added upon request. KIT (2) SMR103C-YZZ #5 NB2

Per BOCA's website. Brian.
Are you fishing or aimlessly casting around?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 pm

a1712 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:31 am
Ceramic Lightning Fishing Reel Bearing kits are intended an upgrade replacement to stock fishing reel bearings. These ABEC #5 bearings have ceramic balls with stainless steel races, retainers and shields. Ceramic will never corrode, has less rolling resistance and is lighter and than steel. As a result ceramic bearings last longer and cast longer. All Ceramic Lightning fishing reel bearings are supplied dry, without grease or oil. Lubrication can be added upon request. KIT (2) SMR103C-YZZ #5 NB2

Per BOCA's website. Brian.
My bad. It's been a few years since I bought any bocas.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:34 am

I have several pairs of each and I see no noticable differences in performance. I will buy the lightnings from now on.
Do you really need new bearings? I find that if I degrease and re lube a Shimano ar-b with rem oil or ardent oil (their only good product lol), it will equal any hybrid ceramics I've used!
Maybe try some hedgehog or zpi bearings instead.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:53 am

Better quality you won't notice between the two, bit of noise difference.

If you flush your stocks like mentioned above you will notice that Bocas are a downgrade