Any TTers do reel upgrades?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Any TTers do reel upgrades?

Post by eklikewhoa » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:06 am
While reel services are a thing, a very valuable thing to keep your tools running it's nice to do little tid bits to make them that much more efficient and effective.

While boutique bearings are one thing, just flushing the stock bearings can achieve crazy results. Most stock bearings are really good after a flush but terrible out of the box (from factory) as they're filled with grease... For example this Curado 200i PG - used extensively in NT - Darwin for Barra fishing came to me bog stock original, a good service and that key element of spool rotation laid on the fact that the stock bearings got a flush and they spun in excess of 40 seconds (vid on my Instagram).

Work with what you've got first and step into another part when it's needed or you've exhausted it or it's capabilities. .
THIS!

Quite a bit of the mid to top tier reels have amazing bearings which is why I always try and tell folks to pre service before using and making that decision.
Definitely a lot better than some of the bearings I see get swapped in.

randman33
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Any TTers do reel upgrades?

Post by randman33 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you to you all. I cleaned and lubed the bearings. It was quite easy. Let’s see how it performs on the water. It feels more free than it did from factory.