Deuthlon Anyone?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
NismoJunky247
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Deuthlon Anyone?

Post by NismoJunky247 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:38 am

Having used many baitcasters since the mid 80s I've used all sorts of lubricants when cleaning, super tuning, etc. Several years ago I reduced my setup to have just 1 quality multi-purpose rod, round reel, etc. Decided to stick with TSI321 for bearings, etc. and Cal's light purple grease for drag washers, gears, etc. That combo seems totally fine, but I recently saw products from Deuthlon mentioned and wondering if that sort of thing really stands out from what I currently use. I'm not into ceramic bearings or casting with lightweight lures, that sort of thing. Just looking for a good combination of performance, longevity, etc. and deciding if it's worth the premium cost. Thnx in advance!

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Deuthlon Anyone?

Post by Dalleinf » Tue May 25, 2021 6:31 am

Deuthlon looks interesting and will surely perform fine.

However, as another user of TSI321 + Cal's, and a very happy user at that, I find it hard to believe that Deuthlon will "really stand out" from what you currently use.

I have also used CorrosionX products, which also did fine for me.

Doubt Deuthlon will offer groundbraking improvements if any.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Tue May 25, 2021 6:31 am

And welcome! =D>

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue May 25, 2021 1:49 pm

It's a little Malaysian company just trying to crack the market with advertising and wording.

Got to find what's in it to make it worthwhile, otherwise your paying big dollars for redistributed grease repackaged - or in some cases vaseline touted as the next wonder grease.