Zillion 10 JDM schematic

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zillion 10 JDM schematic

Post by DrPerf » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:22 pm

remaining pictures
Attachments
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 05.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 05.jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 06.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 06.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 07.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 07.jpg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 1727 times

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:50 pm

DrPerf wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 pm
Four JDM Zillions, one Alphas SV TW, and one Millionaire CT SV, none of which included a schematic. Everyone I have communicated with that purchased the current JDM Zillion also did not have a schematic included. There was a "user manual" in Japanese, but no schematic. Cannot speak to the U.S. domestic version of the Zillion.

As far as 'self repair' or maintenance, I disassembled each of the reels in sequence, with appropriate pictures that provide more information than a schematic.
I stand corrected upon further inspection. Please accept my apology for the oversight! You are correct on the Alphas SV TW 800(XHL) in my case, and Steez A HLC - a user manual was in fact included rather than an exploded schematic. My Steez Limited SV TW 1000HL does have a full schematic, so do my US Zillions and other US reels. Very nice photos indeed that I'm sure folks will find useful. Thank you for taking the time to share them!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:55 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:11 pm
Where? Exist LT?
Any of the newer Daiwa reels that are Magseal, or those that require Magseal bearings, or monocoque frame with the proprietary tool to gain access, shimano with their spool pins that they won't sell (spool, bearing and pin as 1 part), their hydrophobic waterproof coating, AR bearings that are sold in the side plate (as 1 part number). There are ways to go about it and get the job done, but there are certain elements of how things are going that are pushing out the home servicer or repairer to go to satellite service or back to base servicing.

Edit: US executive order on right to repair has been signed, so see where it goes globally.

On another note... Look at that gear tooth profile, the tooth thickness, flank, the top and bottom land of an aluminium main gear. Be interested to see the life of them, in relation to other brands and how fine their gear designs are and how they've failed so quickly.
Attachments
IMG_20210715_124923.jpg
Re: DrPerf
IMG_20210715_124923.jpg (11.47 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:47 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:44 pm
I wanted to check something out with my reel and disassembled it. One of the bearings dropped and a thin spacer dropped. Tried to put it back together and the reel wouldn’t reengage when I turned the handle but would when I flipped the thumbar up. Took it down and reassembled. Everything works again BUT I’m not to confident with the rebuild.

1. If I make a cast, the reel reengages, the line retrieves normally and the line doesn’t peel off with the drag tightened, everything should be okay.

2. Is there a good video guide with parts in proper placement?

Thanks

What caused my query was a shim that appeared to have dropped out of the sky and onto my repair table. Every place I looked, it didn’t seem to be the point of origin. I would place the shim where I thought it would have fallen from and eventually think I found it. I have not had any problems with the reel working. It was a trial and error process.
Now that I’ve got these pictures, I’m going to give it another go.
Thanks

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 am

DrPerf wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:43 pm
Was it the bearing and bearing collar highlighted in this picture that "dropped"?

Picture is from the disassembly of the new Zillion SV TW 1000L.
It appears that Daiwa has begun to not include schematics with the new reels,
so I take sequenced pictures as I disassemble the new reels.

Regards,
Doc
Just wanted to do a follow-up:

I went back in using your previously posted pics. I was off by 1 part, the shim on the retrieve gear. I had it above the anti-reverse bearing when it should have been below it. All things considered, I shouldn’t complain and you should take a bow!

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 am
DrPerf wrote:
Was it the bearing and bearing collar highlighted in this picture that "dropped"?

Regards,
Doc

I went back in using your previously posted pics. I was off by 1 part, the shim on the retrieve gear. I had it above the anti-reverse bearing when it should have been below it. All things considered, I shouldn’t complain and you should take a bow!
This is a “schematic” of the JDM Zillion from the Plat website that is used for ordering parts. Unfortunately, the diagram does not list the part names, only numbers.

Is “105” the shim in question?

Also, there is a shim between “35” and “36” that is not shown in the Plat schematic.

FYI, parts for the new Zillion are now available.

Regards,
Doc
Attachments
Zillion SV TW highlighted.png
Zillion SV TW highlighted.png (117.41 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 03.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 03.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 02.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 02.jpg (69.8 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:28 pm

DrPerf wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:00 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 am
DrPerf wrote:

Regards,
Doc

This is a “schematic” of the JDM Zillion from the Plat website that is used for ordering parts. Unfortunately, the diagram does not list the part names, only numbers.

Is “105” the shim in question?

Also, there is a shim between “35” and “36” that is not shown in the Plat schematic.

FYI, parts for the new Zillion are now available.

Regards,
Doc
105, I have it but I had placed on top of the roller bearing, not the proper position at the bottom.