Pixy drive shaft

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Pixy drive shaft

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Does anyone know if you can use an alphas ct sv drive shaft in a pixy for the new style screwless drag star? Tried to fit my steez ct star drag on it and other than the end of the drive shaft being cut to let the handle sit in place rather than slide down it works. The problem comes when you tighten the nut down the handle eventually gets too low and squeezes the drag star, since it doesn’t have the rest for the handle cut into the drive shaft.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Pixy drive shaft

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:02 pm

I'm fairly certain that the Tackle Trap has a kit that includes all the necessary parts, though I'm not sure if they are in stock at the moment.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:02 pm

I didn’t see a kit on their site. I know they have the clicking drag star kit but my type r already has a clicking drag star. Didn’t know if the bolt style drive shaft would work along with the no threaded drag stars or not. Would you happen to know what all would be involved?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Finesse Angler wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:02 pm
I didn’t see a kit on their site. I know they have the clicking drag star kit but my type r already has a clicking drag star. Didn’t know if the bolt style drive shaft would work along with the no threaded drag stars or not. Would you happen to know what all would be involved?
Call Bryan (Spanky) and ask about it. I think the end boss of the shaft for the alphas and the Pixy are different, and the kits they use have that end boss milled down to
make it work.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Will check into it. Thank you.