Gomexus handle nut

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Gomexus handle nut

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:51 am

For those that are using Gomexus, what is your experience with the handle not staying tight and in place? I don't see a handle screw retainer on their hex bolt design?

Essentially I want to upgrade the small handle on my 2022 Shimano Bantam HG, but want a handle in the 92-95 mm range. Any other suggestions?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

bciya
Angler
Angler

Re: Gomexus handle nut

Post by bciya » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:17 am

I’ve swapped about 6 reels over to Gomexus handles. None of the nuts have come loose, they have an o-ring in the design to help keep water out but I think it also helps to stop it coming loose a bit too (so no need to go crazy tight with the nut… just firm).

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:34 pm

No issues, I have 9 reels with 100mm alloy gomexus handles. Just use the supplied shims to go behind handle to take out any handle slop. This is especially important on Daiwa reels that use the screw instead of a nut such as ryoga, steez etc. the 8x5 handles come with left and right hand nut and a screw type.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:48 pm

No issues one the one I have.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:08 pm

Excellent gents, I appreciate it.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:59 pm

Same experience as everyone else has shared. I have 2 Gomexus handles on big bait reels. No issues with nuts coming loose. Handles are great for the price. Finish and fitment seems good. I don't love the looks of the knobs, but they feel good.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue May 23, 2023 10:43 pm

I've got 20 Gomexus handles that I've replaced all my reels with and haven't had a single issue with any of them. They get fished in both fresh and saltwater. Was battling batrays with a Curado 150 MGL and no issues with the handle...the reel on the other hand is a bit noisy now after all the striper and batrays!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat May 27, 2023 8:12 pm

godshippy wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:43 pm
I've got 20 Gomexus handles that I've replaced all my reels with and haven't had a single issue with any of them. They get fished in both fresh and saltwater. Was battling batrays with a Curado 150 MGL and no issues with the handle...the reel on the other hand is a bit noisy now after all the striper and batrays!
That speaks highly of the quality...stripers and batrays put way more pressure on gear than green fish do for sure.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue May 30, 2023 9:08 am

dragon1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:12 pm
godshippy wrote:
That speaks highly of the quality...stripers and batrays put way more pressure on gear than green fish do for sure.
30 minute long fights with drag and line being stripped off over and over. Finally got tired and just held down the spool and started dragging them up!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:52 pm

godshippy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:08 am
dragon1 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:12 pm
godshippy wrote:
30 minute long fights with drag and line being stripped off over and over. Finally got tired and just held down the spool and started dragging them up!
Yeah man, more workout than any gym visit for sure.