Missing '22 Ald BFS o-ring

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Missing '22 Ald BFS o-ring

Post by Mike son » Thu May 11, 2023 7:19 pm

This is pretty stupid but I must have pulled off the little rubber o-ring on the spool shaft when removing the spool from the reel. Can't find it anywhere. Noticed it was missing as there was a slight rattle when I spun the spool after placing it back in the reel. It doesn't look like the Curado BFS has one of these o-rings according to the schematic nor would I be sure that the size would be the same. Is my only option to order a replacement from Plat? Am I missing another replacement option or somewhere to order it? It's a cheap part but the shipping will make it an expensive o-ring. Reel seems to work fine just slightly louder if I were to spin the spool. Part 91.

EDIT: I indicated the wrong o-ring on the schematic fwiw. It's on the other side of the spool, the o ring that sits on the bearing in the side plate.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Missing '22 Ald BFS o-ring

Post by Mike son » Sun May 14, 2023 6:34 am

I ended up finding it. Just a word of caution, don't let that o-ring slip off when removing the spool. The o-ring doesn't appear to be something you can order from Shimano USA.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Missing '22 Ald BFS o-ring

Post by dragon1 » Sun May 14, 2023 6:37 pm

Mike son wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 6:34 am
I ended up finding it. Just a word of caution, don't let that o-ring slip off when removing the spool. The o-ring doesn't appear to be something you can order from Shimano USA.
Dang, thanks for the heads up.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."