Which model of Terez?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Which model of Terez?

Post by darrin » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Hi Bantam,

I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction. I'm looking for a saltwater spinning rod that I can fish in deep water, about 200 ft and a bit beyond. I like the specs on the Terez line but can't find many reviews for my application. Can you suggest something for me? I'd either fish jigs or a bottom rig with about 12-14oz of weight. I like the 7'2" lengths. I keep reading that the ratings are off.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Darrin

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Which model of Terez?

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:40 am

Darrin,

If you are looking for a dedicated jigging rod I would steer you towards a Grappler GRPJS53XXH because of the heavier weights you plan to use. Sine it is a jigging rod it will have a more parabolic action than what you may be used to.

In Terez the TZS72XH is the heaviest model and 12-14 ounces of weight is beyond what the rod would be rated for if you were casting that weight. The braided line ratings are correct, but the rod is best with 40-50 pound leaders. Terez is more of a standup lure or bait type rod. It's not really a bottom fishing type rod.

We really do not make a spinning rod for the application you intend to use. Most anglers will use conventional reels to bottom fish with the heavier weight. Will some of the rods work? Yes. Are they ideal? Not really.

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Which model of Terez?

Post by darrin » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:03 pm

Thanks for the feed back! This was exactly what I needed to know. Just something I was playing around with in my head.

Darrin