Chronarch D7 Problems

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Chronarch D7 Problems

Post by slipperybob » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:58 pm

I guess that's one way of describing it. :D
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Ginson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ginson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:43 am

Hi Bantam1, thanks for the help... i will send it to you if the problem persist. Because the person i'm ordering parts with now doesn't have the full list of parts i ordered and it's quite near year end and they're having break, i call off the order for now until they're back and running next year, hopefully the parts would be stocked up too by then

i fill my reel with less line still doesnt solve the problem, me too notice the reel foot is extremely close to the spool. but it doesnt help. instead i just fill it like how bantam1 suggest and it cast better, by maybe very little of of little :mrgreen:

lets say if the my D7, side by side with Conquest51, put on same rod, just different line. casting a 7g practice plug, the conquest cast further than the D7, both using 2 brakes on, even if 1 brake on. Is tat odd? Considering my conquest is 3+years old battered at least once a week since, and my D7 only around 3 months old and used maybe twice or so a month

thanks

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:31 am

When doing a comparison you need to use the exact same rod and line. The spool weights are also different. You may need to play with the brakes to make it correct for each reel.

Lighter spool = less start up inertia but less mass to keep it rotating

Heavier spool = more start up inertia but more mass to continue rotating

Ginson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ginson » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 am

alright got the new spool!

problem persist... time to sell it off and get conquest 101 or look for anything but shimanos

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 am

You still do not want to send the reel in? I know our techs can repair the reel.

Ginson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ginson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 am

Bantam1 wrote:You still do not want to send the reel in? I know our techs can repair the reel.
well, probably worth a try, altho i know the end result would be the same n there will not be any issue found, afterall i love that reel very much and have spent much plus more in the future :crying:

can you pls PM me the details on how i suppose to post and guidelines on what to write on the package as well as address sir? thanks...

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 am

Here's a link to our repair form and procedure:

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... vices.html

JT_NCbassman
Angler
Angler

Post by JT_NCbassman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Ginson, do whatever it takes to get the reel to a certified Shimano repairman. They will have the problem solved in no time flat. It's funny how one little spacer or one little clip/washer, etc. can be the difference between world-class performance and complete dysfunction. Your D7 will be a world-class reel again soon. I service my own reels now, but anytime you service a reel for the first time, you are going to have a problem. And it will be frustrating, and you won't know how to fix it, and you will HAVE to send the reel to Shimano. The next time you break it down completely, it will be easier to put back together. Best of luck.