17 Stile SS Question

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
nycangler
Angler
Angler

17 Stile SS Question

Post by nycangler » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:41 am

Hello

I recently picked up the 17 Stile SS 151 PG for fishing crankbaits and really like it. I am using 10lb test fluorocarbon and find that the spool is not deep enough to hold that line for very long casts, I know I can switch to braid, but I rather stick with the fluorocarbon. Is there a deeper spool available for this reel? I found the spool pasted below on hedgehog-studio , it says it's for a bay game but it looks to share the same braking system as the Stile. I can't tell if the line capacity actually holds more line or if it will even fit, the PE ratings confuse me.I am basically looking for a deeper spool that fits the 17 SS Stile. If anyone has input or info that can help, it is greatly appreciated.

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/phone/product/4312

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: 17 Stile SS Question

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:03 am

I have zero info on this reel model or what spools will work. I can only help you with US/North America products. At times if the models are close enough to our versions I can assist with info. Unfortunately I do not know anything about the Stile model reels.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 am

You could always email Hedgehog Studios. I have a Stile 100XG (black and red Aldebaran based one). I remember try to swap spools with some reel that made sense (dont remember). The spool fit inside but, the shaft was slightly different and, the spool fitment was not reciprocated with the other reel.

I would make sure to include having them measure the spool shaft as well as the other dimensions.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

nycangler
Angler
Angler

Post by nycangler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm

It seems that spools that hold less line capacity are available(Shimano Stefano) , but the stock spool it comes with is as deep as it gets. Thank you all for the responses and the PMs.