Shimano CU200XG K - BNT5689

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Elpablo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano CU200XG K - BNT5689

Post by Elpablo » Wed May 19, 2021 7:58 am

Hello everybody.

Have been a lot of time since I write for the last time. The last time I was working in Spain as a fishing guide and now I'm working in Colombia as fishing tour operator.

In Colombia between january and march I'm working and fishing peacock bass or sometimes payara (vampire fish), for these fish I need a fast reel and for that reason I bought the Curado k 8.5. Sincerely all was really ok but the reel needed a maintenance and of course, there isn't maintenance reel service in Colombia. Doesn`t matter I always do it for myself. I put all the metal parts in a plastic container with petrol, for one or two hours, to remove all the grease. Normally all the worm shaft are do it of metal, but this time it´s done of a type of plastic and I didn't notice that and I put in the plastic container. Of course the plastic doesn't love the petrol. In the first day after the cleaning, I was casting lures until 50 gr and catching peacock bass until 14 lbs but the worm shaft said enough.

The work in Colombia for the reel are hard, so my question is, is possible to switch this piece for other shimano metal piece?

Thank you in advance.
ADS Fishing Concept. Fishing tour operator for South America.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Shimano CU200XG K - BNT5689

Post by Bantam1 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:08 am

There is no metal worm shaft for this model. Honestly you should not be using petrol to clean the parts. Gas is harsh on many things and not ideal for cleaning. Try to find some degreaser which should be available. I suggest trying to contact Shimano Latin America. They will be able to assist you.

https://lafish.shimano.com/content/fish ... epage.html

Elpablo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Elpablo » Sun May 23, 2021 10:00 am

Thank you for your answer. It will be the last time I use petrol.

I'll try to contact the site tou give me but sincerely I don't belive too much. For find shimano parts out of USA isn't easy, even in Europe isn't easy. In fact I found the part in https://fishshop.shimano.com/ but it is incredible because I can not pay from Colombia with a Visa card even if I have a shippind address in USA, unbelievable. Same problem with E-replacement, but finally I could pay through paypal but unfortunately they don`t have the BNT5689.
ADS Fishing Concept. Fishing tour operator for South America.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:27 am

We handle business for North America and are set up to handle business here. If you have someone in the US, you will need to have them make the purchase and have it shipped to them. I provided you with the Latin America contact. They handle business for central and south America. They may also have service centers in each country down there. Unfortunately I am not familiar with how things operate there. I deal with the US and Canada mostly.

I am sorry you have issues, but you have to understand how the business works. Shimano is a global company, but each territory has it's own office and support. We try to accommodate as best as we can, but we are limited.