Shimano Calcutta Conquest 2014 - problems

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
pescaDORU
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Shimano Calcutta Conquest 2014 - problems

Post by pescaDORU » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:56 am

Hy!  I own a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 201 - model 2014. For some time now, I've had a problem with it in the sense that at the end of the launch, the reel makes a strange sound ... an interesting-sharp rumble and I can't figure out which  to be the cause.  The reel was lubricated, I replaced the bearings, I changed the "hammers" (brake blocks from the braking system).  The hollow drum goes smoothly and makes no sound.  At the mill, on recovery, nothing strange is felt.  The rumble is heard even if they hit harder or lighter lures, no matter how many hammers they activate or not.  Has anyone had this problem before?  Can you help me ( sorry for my Google-translate english)

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Shimano Calcutta Conquest 2014 - problems

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:17 am

It sounds like you may have the cast control knob set too loose. This allows the spool to walk side to side in the frame and will cause some noise. Check that first and let me know.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Calcutta Conquest 2014 - problems

Post by mrpao » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:11 am

Did you oil the brake drum?
One of mine was making a bad sound and i oiled the brake drum. After that it was quite again.