PG Gear Replacement Questions

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
nycangler
Angler
Angler

PG Gear Replacement Questions

Post by nycangler » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm

1.Does anyone know if it would be possible to put the Curado 201k PG(5:0:1) gears into a Curado 151 MGL?
2.I also just picked up the 22 Engetsu BB 101PG, I did not realize the brakes were not adjustable, it looks as if the reel frame is very similar to an SLX , would it be possible to swap out the (5:5:1)PG gears into a SLX?

Are either of these doable or am I dreaming?
Thanks in advance for any information.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: PG Gear Replacement Questions

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:04 am

The K and MGL Curado reels will not share components like the gears. Unfortunately there is no way to swap to a PG unless a PG version is developed.

If my memory is correct the Engetsu uses slightly different tooling. However, I only deal with the North American model reels here in the US. I am not sure if the SLX gears will work.

nycangler
Angler
Angler

Re: PG Gear Replacement Questions

Post by nycangler » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:04 am
The K and MGL Curado reels will not share components like the gears. Unfortunately there is no way to swap to a PG unless a PG version is developed.

If my memory is correct the Engetsu uses slightly different tooling. However, I only deal with the North American model reels here in the US. I am not sure if the SLX gears will work.
Thank you!