Repairs/service for older Calais models

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Repairs/service for older Calais models

Post by oops » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:31 pm

Have a Calais 100A and two Calais DC that I rarely use that I meant to send in ages ago and never got around to. Last I checked, they were no longer on the list of reels that would be serviced on the website. Any chance I can still send these things in? Would love to have them spruced up finally. One of the DC reels is locked up after being my night time/windy saltwater reel for a while so it surely requires at least one replacement part

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Repairs/service for older Calais models

Post by Bantam1 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:05 am

Unfortunately we are no longer accepting these reels for service/repair due to a lack of available parts. We do have several service centers around the country that should be able to assist you. Many may still have parts.

Here is a link to our service page where you can locate one of the authorized service centers:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/pages/service-centers

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Mon May 01, 2023 10:16 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:05 am
Unfortunately we are no longer accepting these reels for service/repair due to a lack of available parts. We do have several service centers around the country that should be able to assist you. Many may still have parts.

Here is a link to our service page where you can locate one of the authorized service centers:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/pages/service-centers
Darn, figured it was a parts issue. I appreciate the fast response. I've got a service center down the street, I'll try to swing by and drop the reels off this week

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon May 01, 2023 1:07 pm

We held parts for about 7-8 years on most of those older models. When I was the tech for those reels I was very frugal with parts knowing we had a limited number. I guess I did it right because we basically ran out of everything at the same time by model.

Many of the service centers are good to go with working on the older reels. They did not see as many of those models and stocked up on parts knowing they would go away.