replacement Hooks

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: replacement Hooks

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:40 am

swimbaitrookie wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:38 am
I'm probably "that guy" who really digs in deep when making modifications to swimbaits/big baits (engineers can be that way) but I've gotten away from the Owner trebles and primarily use Mustad triple grip trebles, now that they make them in large enough sizes. To me the cutting point on the owners seems to create a larger hole than the Mustad does, and I lose far fewer fish on the Mustads. But depending on the style/ shape of the bait I will also use Decoy quad hooks or Ryugi twin hooks.
You will fit in around here...

swimbaitrookie
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by swimbaitrookie » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:43 am

Tokugawa wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:40 am
swimbaitrookie wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:38 am
I'm probably "that guy" who really digs in deep when making modifications to swimbaits/big baits (engineers can be that way) but I've gotten away from the Owner trebles and primarily use Mustad triple grip trebles, now that they make them in large enough sizes. To me the cutting point on the owners seems to create a larger hole than the Mustad does, and I lose far fewer fish on the Mustads. But depending on the style/ shape of the bait I will also use Decoy quad hooks or Ryugi twin hooks.
You will fit in around here...
Thanks! I've been doing this awhile, just never realized TT has a forum. Who knew? :D

JDM_Guy2
Angler
Angler

Post by JDM_Guy2 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:46 am

I haven't had a problem yet with owner hooks. But Ryugi hooks seem to be a good option as well