Low Down Custom Rods

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Low Down Custom Rods

Post by dcorp » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 am

zenbassr wrote:
dcorp wrote:...but I didn't like how long the handle was and how the rod loaded up when throwing baits.
how long are the handles for either production model? can't seem to find that detail on the website...

right now am weighing between an LDC or 807 and handle length is a consideration for me.
The 807 is what I am using most of the time, I have 2 of them. Great rod for slide swimmers and hudds. The 807 handle is quite a bit smaller than the LDC xh production. They are both great rods, you won't be disappointed with either.

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Handles on the production models are 16" IIRC.
dcorp wrote:The 807 handle is quite a bit smaller than the LDC xh production.
thanks for the info guys, i'm leaning towards the LDC since i prefer the longer handles... wish my 867 had the same length handle as my 806ML (18")!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 27, 2022 2:18 pm

I've been looking to get into these rods and there was supposed to be a drop today at 1300 EST 1000pst
but nothing and i havent figured out what the blank was made out of ..
seems like they would be better with follow up
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:09 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:18 pm
I've been looking to get into these rods and there was supposed to be a drop today at 1300 EST 1000pst
Seems like it’s stated above that the blanks are sourced from phoenix. Seems like a good deal for the price with a proven source of blanks and there’s plenty of great word of mouth besides some customer service hiccups. Hard to blame a small one man operation though for taking some time to return emails. A full inbox can get the best of us.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:09 pm
goldrod wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:18 pm
Seems like it’s stated above that the blanks are sourced from phoenix. Seems like a good deal for the price with a proven source of blanks and there’s plenty of great word of mouth besides some customer service hiccups. Hard to blame a small one man operation though for taking some time to return emails. A full inbox can get the best of us.
I understand and I've seen the rod in action which made me want to try it out
its just a bummer when you get the notification of a drop and cant make the transaction because the website never dropped it..
My window of opportunity is weird so i have had family help me watch the website all day while i was at work.
Thanks for the follow up man.. I will continue to be on the look out
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Vooden
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Vooden » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:25 am

The XH is my goto for Hudds, SS250’s, and big 3:16s, fun stick.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm

It’s all good I’m having one built now.
Hopefully soon to receive

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:06 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm
It’s all good I’m having one built now.
Hopefully soon to receive
Did you get the new Standard Issue or the Workshop? Did you find out what blank it was?