Silent Killer 175 Largemount color.

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Aquarium
Angler
Angler

Silent Killer 175 Largemount color.

Post by Aquarium » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:57 am

Hello. I am from Portugal and I m starting to swimbait fish.

I have a Megabass Super Red Deamon paired with a z2020 HL and only fish the silent killer 145, River2Sea S-waver 168 and a Imakatsu SG... I Know this is not true swimbaits, but in Portugal bass only have at max 3 kg...

Recently I have ordered a Silent Killer 175 Largemount color. How do you fish this bait? Are this color good? Anyone have experience with this bait? Some feedback would be very apreciated.

Thanks a lot.

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Silent Killer 175 Largemount color.

Post by GARRIGA » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 pm

I think bass is a primary forage for bass so bass colored lures are very effective. I don't own or have fished the lure but there's lots of talk on the net as this became the next great thing since Hudd. I did research getting this lure and the Super Red Demon and based on that the combination should work. Since its a glide bait the Z2020 should be adequate. I have no problem throwing low resistent baits with mine.

BTW, don't discount large lures with smaller size bass. They hit them fine. I've had those size bass wack my 8" Hudds and lots of follows on my 10" Triple Trout. That large mouth serves a purpose. I believe the only reason I don't get more hook ups is because I fish from shore and run out of real estate before they commit. Here in Florida bass tend to stay close to the bank or deep in cover. Don't know your area so not sure how they react there but these baits aren't reaction baits and may take a longer look for hitting. Reason so much realism is imparted on shape and paint job.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Bass eat bass, no matter the size. I saw a study about a decade ago done on the Great Lakes that said as much as 15% of a largemouth's diet is bass. Those bass don't get much over 6lbs. either. I've seen a lot of fryguard fish munch on fry. I've also seen small bass jumping as giants chase them on several occasions. In one instance in the spring on Lake Perris, here in SoCal, I watched a bass in the teens explode on about a 13 inch bass in shallow open water and chase it into the tulles as the small bass jumped like a marlin covering several feet with each jump. It was sweet. Almost all of the big bait manufacturers are now making bass patterns. We throw them more in the summer when the trout aren't around.

Aquarium
Angler
Angler

Post by Aquarium » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks for all the comments.

The lakes I fish only have bass an big carps. And water is realy clear. I only fish from shore.
Whats the best way to fish this lure? What type of retrieve is the best?

Thanks.
I have to insist fishing this type of lures to get my record...