Savage Line THru

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
FishEastCarolina
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Savage Line THru

Post by FishEastCarolina » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 am

I couldnt take the bait monkey nipping my ear any more and finally ordered a few savage line thru trout. I have a few questions for those who have used them so far. Most of my experiences with multi-jointed swimbaits when casting have been some what negative. They tend to spin out of control on the cast and lack distance. Has anyone noticed this with the bait? Also I plan on fishing these in depths of 4-12 feet, how well do these stay in the target zone once counted down? Cant wait to fling em, hopefully they catch more than just me.

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Savage Line THru

Post by SWH » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:03 pm

I don't like it and gave my mine to a kid. I had the medium sink version with line comming out of the mouth, it doesn't stay down well at all. I believe the heavy will be better as the line comes out of the top of its head similar to a huddleston. It swims well at higher speeds with a large side to side motion, but at low speeds it doesn't swim. You can do some tricks making small jerks with it as well. For me a swimbait has to move well at low speeds and somehow the action is too much at the normal speed. It casts alright.