DRT baits ?

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

DRT baits ?

Post by jiggerjake » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 am

What would be my best chance of aquiering a DRT (Division Rebel Tackle) Klash 9 ? Do they do a lure drop like some of the domestic swimbait makers here? Do you need to keep checking the JDM tackle sites? I keep an eye out on SU's black market but they seem few and far between.
Just like to know where else I should be looking if I want to buy new and if there's an DRT instagram of facebook page that gives a heads up as to a release or availability.They must come from somewhere, haha. Thanks.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: DRT baits ?

Post by Cracker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:53 am

Wondering what happened to DRT by the way?
Those swimbaits have been selling really good, for $70-$90 and DRT just stopped to make new batches without any explanation.

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Exactly what I was wondering.They don't appear on their site anywhere. Guys are selling them on e bay for $300-$400 ???? No way am I paying anything like that.Bad enough guys are getting double for used baits when and if one goes up for sale.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:16 pm

I have casually admired DRT from a far for quite some time now. From things I’ve read and based on what I’ve seen, it all looks top notch in form and function. I was lucky to get a varial handle at msrp and based on that little actual experience with their gear, I can say it’s certainly refined, tough, and looks great. Anyhoo; the mystique this brand has reached is mind boggling. I don’t quite understand it. Of course supply and demand is an obvious reason why limited production gear reaches high prices; for example, megabass making nearly every one of their releases numbered or limited. But, there are other small producers of baits and rods similar to DRT, such as Phatlab, that have never reached this level of demand. Everything DRT that I see on auctions is sold at 2-4x msrp and as the OP mentions, often in used condition. The baits seem not to sell as well at these prices based on seeing the same bait on the bay forever, but the rods do. When a used Artex rod comes up for sale at around 2.5-3 k on Japanese auction sites, it seems to sell same day. It’s remarkable.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:33 pm

By the way; almost forgot to provide info on the original question. If you look on the DRT japan website, there is a link to the main dude’s blog. I’ve looked at some of this in the past. It do recall that he provided a priori drop dates for rods on his blog. Also he gave store locations for these as they seem to be these first come, first serve events. I don’t remember if he announced lure drops in a similar way, but I guess that’s possible. Pm me if you can’t find their website; I still not 100% sure on what can and can’t be posted as far as manufacturers versus site sponsors...

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:34 am

Since my original posting I have been able to acquire a new Tiny Klash as well as a slightly used K9. Yes,I paid twice what they MSRP for but I've been looking and looking and that's actually a good price when you see what some are going for.
They say the TK is one of the best cold water baits to have so I'm looking forward to fishing it in early spring.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:34 pm

I really wish they would stop focusing so much on collaborations with shops in Japan and focus more on getting their "standard" colours out there and consistently available. DRT did mention they don't have the resources to keep up with demand and they were looking to remedy it.....hasn't happened yet.

I got in a few years ago when prices were reasonable but have also had to shell out a little more than MSRP on some. Lost one which still hurts! :(
Love these baits, super versatile. One bait can have multiple actions.
Last edited by biggs on Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @___bradb

hzzhangc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hzzhangc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:49 pm

BTW who knows why the DRT handles and knobs are so expensive? I have never owned one but to me Livre handles are more refined compare to DRT.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:16 pm

hzzhangc wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:49 pm
BTW who knows why the DRT handles and knobs are so expensive? I have never owned one but to me Livre handles are more refined compare to DRT.
They are not that much more expenive at MSRP. If you want to change knobs, Livre handles are more expensive.
Livre makes DRT handles in case you didn't know so I wouldn't say one is more refined over the other. Plus IMO Livre handles are ugly with the exception of one or two.
Instagram @___bradb

hzzhangc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hzzhangc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 pm

biggs wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:16 pm
hzzhangc wrote:
They are not that much more expenive at MSRP. If you want to change knobs, Livre handles are more expensive.
Livre makes DRT handles in case you didn't know so I wouldn't say one is more refined over the other. Plus IMO Livre handles are ugly with the exception of one or two.
Thanks for the info. I guess that's part of my question why the knobs are so expensive. I saw most knobs on auction sites were between 10000 to 15000 jpy and handle with knobs were above 25000.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 pm

hzzhangc wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 pm
biggs wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:16 pm
hzzhangc wrote:
Thanks for the info. I guess that's part of my question why the knobs are so expensive. I saw most knobs on auction sites were between 10000 to 15000 jpy and handle with knobs were above 25000.
The ones you are talking about are probably the hard to find colours that resellers in Japan are upping the price because of their rarity. But there are a lot of knobs on the auction sites for $30-$40 as well.
DRT is has a following similar to sneakerheads and people (not me) are willing to pay insane prices.
Instagram @___bradb

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Just an FYI...The new Fish Arrow 20th anniversary X DRT Riser Jack is available at TW now. I grabbed a bunch for myself already. They’re out of stock at most other retailers in the US and Japan.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:03 pm

DRT Klash and Tiny Klash limited Monster Ghost color available at outdoorproshop.com you can buy one of each size. Get em while you can. You’re welcome ;)