Help

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Help

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:33 am

I just aped into a swimbait rig and don't even own any bass swimbaits. I've only thrown them for pike and musky and havent so much as gotten a follow. I have this thing. Z200H on a Super Destruction. I'm thinking of using it for bait baits with trebbles up to 3oz and mag deep cranks in the 2oz range. What big baits should i be buying for it? I fish a shad based private lake and small weedy lakes and ponds mostly. I'm thinking mag cranks, rats and glide baits. What about the big line throughs? Is this rod appropriate for that?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Help

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:39 am

Man what a beautiful setup and kitchen

I read that the taco is a great bait to have and the I slide 168(?)
The jackall gantrell seems to have a following as well. This is from my reading as I’m on the same journey as you are
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:44 am

If it's the one I had it's one bad stick and when I mean bad I mean rad when I mean rad I mean super awesome it was my pretty much do everything for swim baits it was my first swimbait stick for dedication to the craft don't be afraid of it it is a powerful rod and can do a lot of things. I'm a straight braid guy so some others may want to chime in but she handles braid superbly I've had 200 size reels I've had a tatula 300 on it. I think 50-65 Power Pro is sweet. I sure do miss that Rod but off to other things 8-)

Have fun with it dude. I think I mentioned before it at one time checked pretty much all my boxes for MB, spiral wrapped, telescoping, double footed guides and a Slant Bridge handle 8-)

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:46 am

Also be sure to hang out at SU. Not a member there like I am here but I definitely lurk hardcore. You get lots of good information there for sure if that is an obvious enough :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:27 am

goldrod wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:39 am
Man what a beautiful setup and kitchen

I read that the taco is a great bait to have and the I slide 168(?)
The jackall gantrell seems to have a following as well. This is from my reading as I’m on the same journey as you are
Those are baits I have my eyes on. I still don't understand the difference in application between a glide bait and a soft line though. I also splurged on the Valkaryie 76XXH just to have one to pair to my LIN10. Plans are to punch coontail mats and pull double duty along side the SD. I'm guessing the Valkaryie will have a little more backbone and be the better for huds and the SD more of a treble hook rod.

When I bought my house and lake lot just to fish this private lake I took a few years off from tackle enthusiasm to remodel. The Z and IP79 were the 1st reels I bought in like 3 years. Kitchen is still not done. I need switch plate covers and little things to finish. The house was cheap at least on 3 lots with a house sized 3 car garage built onto it later. It was ugly as hell on the inside though.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:34 am

Cristo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:44 am
If it's the one I had it's one bad stick and when I mean bad I mean rad when I mean rad I mean super awesome it was my pretty much do everything for swim baits it was my first swimbait stick for dedication to the craft don't be afraid of it it is a powerful rod and can do a lot of things. I'm a straight braid guy so some others may want to chime in but she handles braid superbly I've had 200 size reels I've had a tatula 300 on it. I think 50-65 Power Pro is sweet. I sure do miss that Rod but off to other things 8-)

Have fun with it dude. I think I mentioned before it at one time checked pretty much all my boxes for MB, spiral wrapped, telescoping, double footed guides and a Slant Bridge handle 8-)
It ticked all the boxes for me too. I have an X4 711 and love that telescoping feature. It actually fits into the short rod locker for 7 for ans under rods instead of having to pile into the long locker thanks to the telescoping blank.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 am

Wow man you did well in your upgrades
I don’t have that talent but I love what you did.

When it comes to glide baits and segmented baits I’ve been watching videos on them and the retrieves. Sometimes I watch the same video over and over
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible