Tungsten Swimbait Hooks

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
FishNGame
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Tungsten Swimbait Hooks

Post by FishNGame » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:41 am

Anyone able to find a beast style hook tungsten weighted? I can only find tungsten swimbait hooks up to 6/0 and have been hanging drop shot weights on the shank of my unweighted hooks with split rings and pegging them in place but I wonder if the swinging of the weight hurts the action. I’m in a lead free state and honestly surprised there aren’t options on the market yet.

John2204
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tungsten Swimbait Hooks

Post by John2204 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:47 am

Try the woo tungsten swim bait hooks, they have them in a 3/0 to 5/0 1/8 to 3/8oz, I use them all the time for smaller swim baits that are 3-5” and they work great

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tungsten Swimbait Hooks

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:59 pm

FishNGame wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:41 am
Anyone able to find a beast style hook tungsten weighted? I can only find tungsten swimbait hooks up to 6/0 and have been hanging drop shot weights on the shank of my unweighted hooks with split rings and pegging them in place but I wonder if the swinging of the weight hurts the action. I’m in a lead free state and honestly surprised there aren’t options on the market yet.
Can also use the Mustad Fastach TitanX Tungsten weights. You just pick the right size and style of swimbait hook you want, along with the appropriate weight and you are good to go. The action is different than true belly weighted swimbaits. More like a wobble head with a swimbait but it gives you a tungsten option. If you are going the conventional belly weighted swimbait style, OMTD makes a 7/0 5/16 tungsten swimbait hook.