A few recommendations for a novice

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

A few recommendations for a novice

Post by PotatoLake » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:52 pm

I've caught fish on the Arashi glide and a Jackall Gantarel Jr., but I fish on predominately shad-infested waters. Does anyone have any recommendations for shad-shaped glides? I feel like I sort of know what I'm doing, but would like to put in way more time with this approach. Maybe something you started off with that gained your confidence?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: A few recommendations for a novice

Post by LowRange » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:52 am

I fish a shad based system and the Gantarel Jr in a shiny color was my confidence bait. It's actually a generic baitfish profile. More crappie than gill for sure. I haven't gotten bit on glides yet but I have high hopes for my Shine Glide and 8 inch Draw. I just started throwing big baits last year and my producers have been the Gantarel Jr, SG 5" 3D Bluegill and the SG 8" floating trout.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few recommendations for a novice

Post by Cal » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:00 am

Your Arashi Glide is kind of a shad profile - very generic

If you want to get more literal, baits like the Bull Shad Glide or High Powered Swimbaits Gizzard Glide are staples.

I also find Baitsanity's Andidote more of a shad than a trout simply due to its size. I'm sure there are others I'm missing.

Edit.. yeah, like the Molix 140
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"