Ross evolution

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
elrodphil
Angler
Angler

Ross evolution

Post by elrodphil » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Anyone have an opinion on the Ross Evolution reels...I haven't had any luck on the momentum question....

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Ross evolution

Post by davej » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:08 pm

elrodphil wrote:Anyone have an opinion on the Ross Evolution reels...I haven't had any luck on the momentum question....
I have the evolution... I use it a lot when I'm hiking through the woods or fishing rough area's.. the thing is a work horse and can take a beating, I also don't feel as bad when I take a digger and bounce it off the ground, rocks or inside of the float boat... The drag on it is very smooth, I had my abel drag bind up on me and had to use the R&R that I bought as a spare on my 3# and I have to tell you even compared to the Abel I was very impressed..
Last edited by davej on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:29 pm

One of the best reels ever produced for freshwater in my opinion. I own three of them for my 2wt, 5wt and 6wt. I love these reels and everything else that ross makes. The momentum im sure is sweet, just have not fished it yet, I have its predecessor the canyon big game and again it is amazing reel. Don't hesitate with any of the ross products.
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

backcast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by backcast » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 pm

I have owned 6-7 Ross reels over the past 10 years, and currently own 4. All have been outstanding in function and reliability. Ross service and guarantee is unbeatable. No experience with Momentum ..yet. I do own an Evolution and there is no other reel I would trade it for. The Evolutions are exceptionally light wieght for their size and line capacity. The Rhythm is also an excellent choice.

klackrus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by klackrus » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:13 am

i just ordered one and im planning on landing some pretty big fish on it. there is review on that particular flyreel here on tackletour dont know if youve seen that but if you havent you should check that out

heres the link http://www.tackletour.com/reviewrossevolution.html
Last edited by klackrus on Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

elrodphil
Angler
Angler

Post by elrodphil » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:56 am

Thanks guys....

Questor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Questor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:07 am

I have one. It is of very good quality. However, it is the only premium fly reel I have bought that I regret buying. It's just not worth that kind of money. I kept it anyway.