St Croix Triumph Seiries fly rod

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
catbarnes00
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

St Croix Triumph Seiries fly rod

Post by catbarnes00 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:33 pm

I am considering a St. Croix Triumph series fly rod as a gift for my wife (its not a Fred Flintstone bowling ball gift, either. She loves fishing and wants to learn fly fishing. I want to get her a nice quality rod to start with). I have seen some good reviews of it based on quality to price ratio. Does anyone have an experiance with this rod?

Thanks,

catbarnes00

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: St Croix Triumph Seiries fly rod

Post by Mattman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:22 am

The Triumph series and the Premier series are supposed to be identical. Built to the exact same specifications. The difference being the Premier is rolled, wrapped and finished here in the US. The Triumph is rolled, wrapped and finished overseas. Asia somewhere I believe.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods

throwinmetal
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: St Croix Triumph Seiries fly rod

Post by throwinmetal » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:46 am

I waggled one at the Sports Chalet store and was more impressed with it than a TFO Pro. Its quite light. Inexpensive. I think its composite graphite but I'm not sure how that material fits in the fly fishing world.